Broken Sword: The smoking mirror and Full Throttle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Koji

Broken Sword: The smoking mirror and Full Throttle

Post by Koji »

Please, somebody explain me how to run Broken Sword: The smoking mirror and Full Throttle on my PSP ! Step by step !
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

First of all, I'm assuming you have PSP 2.0, and don't have any loader installed.

1) Copy your "resource" folder from your Full Throttle CD to your "/psp/game" folder (or you can rename it to "FT" or something). You'll need about 500 mb.
2) Get Fanjita's 0.7 loader. (http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html)
3) In the zip, you can find 2 ".bin" files and a "/game" folder. Copy all three elements to your PSP.
4) Get SCUMMVM 0.8.0. Extract it to wherever you like, but remember its location.
5) Start your PSP. Go to "photos", and to the folder "EBOOT Loader 07". Caution: make sure no thumbnails are loading anymore before you enter the folder. The EBOOT loader will start, you'll find yourself in a "DOS-like" environment.
6) Go to the SCUMMVM folder, and select "eboot.pbp". Follow the instructions.
7) You'll find yourself in the SCUMMVM GUI. Add game.. and go to your Full Throttle folder. You don't need to point SCUMMVM to a file, just go to the directory and confirm.
8 ) SCUMMVM should recognize the game. Now you're all set!

It's about the same procedure for Broken Sword I think: I don't own the game though, so you'll have to try it yoruself.
Koji

Post by Koji »

Thanks, but I`ve already donwgraded it to 1.50 :D