What's left to do on the SCUMM games?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Arantor

What's left to do on the SCUMM games?

Post by Arantor »

I was looking at the compatibility list and noticed that none of the original SCUMM games show as 100% complete.

So, I'm just wondering - what do you have to do to get them up to 100%? Aside from some issues recently discussed (e.g. Indy3 Mac's sound issues, Amiga Monkey1 not having music due to lack of TFMX support), please could it be made clear exactly what is still required?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

none of them will ever go higher than 98%(that's if source code is available) if I recall correctly.
PsychoGoatee

Post by PsychoGoatee »

So, effectively, these are all 100% when played on a Windows PC with SkummVM? I was wondering about that myself.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

PsychoGoatee wrote:So, effectively, these are all 100% when played on a Windows PC with SkummVM? I was wondering about that myself.
I guess that for all practical purposes, you shouldn't notice any problems, but no one wants to claim perfection.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Just in case you have an event like Sierra's SCI games used to report "Oops, you did something we didn't expect." huh? *grins* I can understand the point of view, nothing is ever completely bug free, though I have to admit SCUMM VM in general is a lot less buggy than any of the supported titles were originally.
clem

Post by clem »

Ceri Cat wrote:Just in case you have an event like Sierra's SCI games used to report "Oops, you did something we didn't expect." huh? *grins* I can understand the point of view, nothing is ever completely bug free, though I have to admit SCUMM VM in general is a lot less buggy than any of the supported titles were originally.
There used to be a lesser known adventure (I think it was chewy?) which even had a special handler to recover broken savegames :) - I only read it in a review, but the reviewer said it's a bad omen if an adventure game even has to take into account for its savegames to become corrupted
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Chewy - Esc from F5