Further compression possible? (1 GB > 450 MB)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ScummBoy

Further compression possible? (1 GB > 450 MB)

Post by ScummBoy »

Hi!

I've successfully compressed some of the curse of the monkey island game files with the scummvm tools (.bun and .san files, specifically), but as the game still weighs in at a rather hefty (for an iphone) 450 MB - Do I wonder whether it is possible to compress the game further.

Well, is it?
clem

Re: Further compression possible? (1 GB > 450 MB)

Post by clem »

ScummBoy wrote:Hi!

I've successfully compressed some of the curse of the monkey island game files with the scummvm tools (.bun and .san files, specifically), but as the game still weighs in at a rather hefty (for an iphone) 450 MB - Do I wonder whether it is possible to compress the game further.

Well, is it?
Sure, you can submit additional arguments to the tools, which will then get passed through to the encoder (lame or ogg)

If you decrease the bitrate anything is possible if you don't mind sacrificing quality.
ScummBoy

Post by ScummBoy »

Ok, good, that removed about 110 MB...

How about those COMI.LA0, COMI.LA1 and COMI.LA2 files, can you do anything to them?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

ScummBoy wrote:How about those COMI.LA0, COMI.LA1 and COMI.LA2 files, can you do anything to them?
Nope.

Eugene
blunden

Post by blunden »

How does compressing the .SAN and .BUN-files affect performance of the game on the ipod touch?

Also, do I need to move the mp3-files created by the .SAN compression utility to the ipod as well? I was wondering since the normal .SAN-files don't have the sound separate.