Voice problems with Full Throttle on the Wii port of scummVM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

akuma634

Voice problems with Full Throttle on the Wii port of scummVM

Post by akuma634 »

I've already searched the forums and read the FAQ but I didn't see anything that would help. I was playing Full Throttle for at least 20 minutes and everything was perfect, so then I exited scumm and played a little Sam & Max and that ran perfect too. So I loaded up Full Throttle again but the voices just stopped working but the sound effects and music was still intact. I've tried deleting the game files on the SD Card and replacing them, I've tweaked with the scumm options like one was for Voice Font and I selected MONSTER.SOU and still no voices and I've tried the other different settings but nothing. I can't figure out what went wrong. Every last file is in that folder and everything is how it should be. How can I fix this so I can hear the voices again?
akuma634

Post by akuma634 »

Now Indiana Jones and the Fate Of Atlantis is doing this now. So far every other game I've tried has working voices but Indy and Full Throttle both used to work but now the voices mysteriously stopped working. This is getting annoying.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

And on what system are you running ScummVM? And on what hardware? What version of ScummVM?

You mention SD-cards, so I assume that for once, it's not a windows user who is asking... ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

fingolfin wrote:You mention SD-cards, so I assume that for once, it's not a windows user who is asking... ;)
Now, that's just mean :P
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

subject line says wii port... :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Ah I am blind then :)

Anyway, the Wii port is not (yet?) official, and hence we can not give any support for it. But maybe you are lucky and somebody else here who uses this port can help you. Moving this to the appropriate forum.
chojin

Post by chojin »

I had the same problem with the Wii Channel (0.12.0svn 30. Apr). After deleting Sam & Max everything was fine again.
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Talk ... ps/ScummVM

the point "a problem with filenames"
akuma634

Post by akuma634 »

MajinChibi wrote:http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Talk ... ps/ScummVM

the point "a problem with filenames"
Yeah, that makes sense. I just took out Sam & Max and now Full Throttle is back to normal.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

yes this was a weird problem. it is resolved starting with rev 32506. if you used older versions follow these steps (i posted this on the wiibrew wiki):

i moved the paths around to resolve this issue. do not place your games under /apps/scummvm, use eg. /summvmgames or /scumm/games. savegames are per default in /apps/scummvm, you can create eg. /scummvm/saves and point scummvm to that folder in the main options screen if you like. make sure the "theme" or "extra" path does not point to a folder where you placed your games (incl. subfolders). you can move your old savegames from /scummvm to /apps/scummvm and remove the old folder afterwards. i also suggest to not reuse your old scummvm.ini