ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PalmOS Port > Treo680 issues
Treo680 issues
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Reignfire

Treo680 issues 

Hi all,
After reading through the very useful FAQ, I've ran into a problem or two that I'm hoping someone has an answer for.

OK, first up is the talkie version of Monkey Island 1. The game runs just fine as long as I add and run the game via direct mode and not the frontend (ScummVM exits if I do it that way), but I only hear the music and do not hear any speech. I know there is nothing wrong with the .ogg files as they are the same ones I use on my PC. Is this just a quirk of the PalmOS port or my Treo680 not supporting something? I haven't tried converting the .ogg files to mp3 yet, might give that a shot tomorrow if I get the chance.

Also, I tried the Amiga versions of Monkey Island 1+2 on a whim and they run well, but unfortunately I don't get any sound with them. Has anyone else had success with this? It'd be nice if it worked as the Amiga versions had better music IMHO Smile

Any ideas/information greatly appreciated.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 am 
thatgui

Support on Treo 680 for Monkey 1+2 seems OK. Sure you set the path right in the Palm launcher ?

Post Tue May 13, 2008 8:15 am 
Reignfire

quote:
Originally posted by thatgui
Support on Treo 680 for Monkey 1+2 seems OK. Sure you set the path right in the Palm launcher ?

Yep. I can play them just fine as long as I ignore the frontend, I just don't get any speech in the PC version of MI1 and no sound at all in either Amiga version. It could just be a lack of support, in which case fair enough, I'm just curious if anyone else has had success with it.
Post Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm 
thatgui

Sorry, my mistake. I meant , did you set the path right in the launcher config (only reffering to your "frontend does not work problem")?. It was a bit tricky (at least for me) - best to try both absolute ad relative path.Can't help you with your sound though.

Post Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm 
Reignfire

quote:
Sorry, my mistake. I meant , did you set the path right in the launcher config (only reffering to your "frontend does not work problem")?. It was a bit tricky (at least for me) - best to try both absolute ad relative path.Can't help you with your sound though.

Yeah, I tried it both ways and all it did was crash ScummVM regardless of path or sound settings.
Post Tue May 13, 2008 6:29 pm 
thatgui

Re: Treo680 issues 

quote:
Originally posted by Reignfire
The game runs just fine as long as I add and run the game via direct mode and not the frontend (ScummVM exits if I do it that way)

Sorry, I thought this meant a clean exit back to the launcher - IMHO the usual behavior if something is wrong with the path setting. Did you install it on a clean system ? Sometimes ScummVM seems to behave a little odd with a special "no one knows anything further" installed apps combination.
Several posts state problems with some games on a treo 680, but none concerns a frontend problem.

Sorry
Post Wed May 14, 2008 5:08 am 
Reignfire

Re: Treo680 issues 

quote:

Sorry, I thought this meant a clean exit back to the launcher - IMHO the usual behavior if something is wrong with the path setting. Did you install it on a clean system ? Sometimes ScummVM seems to behave a little odd with a special "no one knows anything further" installed apps combination.
Several posts state problems with some games on a treo 680, but none concerns a frontend problem.

Sorry

Yep, clean system. Work issued me the phone a few weeks ago and all I've installed is Google Maps and a Livejournal client.
Post Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am 
thatgui

This won't help you, but at least it shows, that it seems to be a treo (680) issue:

It was quite a task to transfer my old monkey 2 disks to a PC (fortunately my father in law still had his old a500). Sound works on Zodiac (with a Bug: the last tune of a sound is uninterruptedly played till the next sound starts).

Post Thu May 15, 2008 5:28 am 
Reignfire

quote:
This won't help you, but at least it shows, that it seems to be a treo (680) issue:

It was quite a task to transfer my old monkey 2 disks to a PC (fortunately my father in law still had his old a500). Sound works on Zodiac (with a Bug: the last tune of a sound is uninterruptedly played till the next sound starts).

I figured as much. Work is talking about upgrading our phones soon, so maybe I'll wind up with a device that has better support Smile
Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:29 pm 
Reply to topic