ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PalmOS Port > Treo680 issues
Treo680 issues
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Reignfire



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5
Treo680 issues 

Hi all,
After reading through the very useful FAQ, I've ran into a problem or two that I'm hoping someone has an answer for.

OK, first up is the talkie version of Monkey Island 1. The game runs just fine as long as I add and run the game via direct mode and not the frontend (ScummVM exits if I do it that way), but I only hear the music and do not hear any speech. I know there is nothing wrong with the .ogg files as they are the same ones I use on my PC. Is this just a quirk of the PalmOS port or my Treo680 not supporting something? I haven't tried converting the .ogg files to mp3 yet, might give that a shot tomorrow if I get the chance.

Also, I tried the Amiga versions of Monkey Island 1+2 on a whim and they run well, but unfortunately I don't get any sound with them. Has anyone else had success with this? It'd be nice if it worked as the Amiga versions had better music IMHO Smile

Any ideas/information greatly appreciated.

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
thatgui



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 47
 

Support on Treo 680 for Monkey 1+2 seems OK. Sure you set the path right in the Palm launcher ?

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue May 13, 2008 8:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Reignfire



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5
 

quote:
Originally posted by thatgui
Support on Treo 680 for Monkey 1+2 seems OK. Sure you set the path right in the Palm launcher ?


Yep. I can play them just fine as long as I ignore the frontend, I just don't get any speech in the PC version of MI1 and no sound at all in either Amiga version. It could just be a lack of support, in which case fair enough, I'm just curious if anyone else has had success with it.
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue May 13, 2008 4:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
thatgui



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 47
 

Sorry, my mistake. I meant , did you set the path right in the launcher config (only reffering to your "frontend does not work problem")?. It was a bit tricky (at least for me) - best to try both absolute ad relative path.Can't help you with your sound though.

 Reply with quote  
Post Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
Reignfire



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5
 

quote:
Originally posted by thatgui
Sorry, my mistake. I meant , did you set the path right in the launcher config (only reffering to your "frontend does not work problem")?. It was a bit tricky (at least for me) - best to try both absolute ad relative path.Can't help you with your sound though.


Yeah, I tried it both ways and all it did was crash ScummVM regardless of path or sound settings.
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue May 13, 2008 6:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
thatgui



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 47
Re: Treo680 issues 

quote:
Originally posted by Reignfire
The game runs just fine as long as I add and run the game via direct mode and not the frontend (ScummVM exits if I do it that way)


Sorry, I thought this meant a clean exit back to the launcher - IMHO the usual behavior if something is wrong with the path setting. Did you install it on a clean system ? Sometimes ScummVM seems to behave a little odd with a special "no one knows anything further" installed apps combination.
Several posts state problems with some games on a treo 680, but none concerns a frontend problem.

Sorry
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed May 14, 2008 5:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Reignfire



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5
Re: Treo680 issues 

quote:
Originally posted by thatgui


Sorry, I thought this meant a clean exit back to the launcher - IMHO the usual behavior if something is wrong with the path setting. Did you install it on a clean system ? Sometimes ScummVM seems to behave a little odd with a special "no one knows anything further" installed apps combination.
Several posts state problems with some games on a treo 680, but none concerns a frontend problem.

Sorry


Yep, clean system. Work issued me the phone a few weeks ago and all I've installed is Google Maps and a Livejournal client.
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
thatgui



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 47
 

This won't help you, but at least it shows, that it seems to be a treo (680) issue:

It was quite a task to transfer my old monkey 2 disks to a PC (fortunately my father in law still had his old a500). Sound works on Zodiac (with a Bug: the last tune of a sound is uninterruptedly played till the next sound starts).

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu May 15, 2008 5:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Reignfire



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5
 

quote:
Originally posted by thatgui
This won't help you, but at least it shows, that it seems to be a treo (680) issue:

It was quite a task to transfer my old monkey 2 disks to a PC (fortunately my father in law still had his old a500). Sound works on Zodiac (with a Bug: the last tune of a sound is uninterruptedly played till the next sound starts).


I figured as much. Work is talking about upgrading our phones soon, so maybe I'll wind up with a device that has better support Smile
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 



Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge