Lola dialogue editor and Azura cutscene editor for FOTAQ!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vag

Post by Vag »

Vag wrote:I haven't released the programs yet because Azura (the .CUT editor) has a bug and because of lack of time, I didn't even touch it.
It wasn't just one thing, there were two rare complicating situations with the files, which made it a litte difficult to find, but everything is now fixed!

I have used Azura with all the CUT files of the FOTAQ demo and except one message in one file (which works only if you don't select "hide control characters"), everything is fine. I think it has passed the test, even though I'll try to find what's wrong with that specific message.

Everything works, only I'm thinking about enhancing Lola.
Lola now shows the messages as they are inside the DOG files. This means the Joe King messages and then all the other person's messages (there are 3 more at the end, which are generic greeting messages and a CUT filename).
As I was translating some DOG files, I realized that when you are translating a message, you need to know what the other person had said before that and how you translated that! So I had to go to previous messages to see, back and forth.
I'm thinking of adding a second slider, which, when used, will show the messages in a different order (read from an external text file). This order will be more logical and very very helpful.
The user will decide how to sort the messages manually, but that will have to be done only once.

I will upload the two editors in a few days time :-)
saulob

Post by saulob »

Great!

Congrats and Thanks Vag :)
Vag

Post by Vag »

I am very happy to announce that all the programs are now available at the GreekRoms webpage :D
The only issue is that Sparky does not update the Attributes string used by ScummVM to identify the game (so what?)

Here are the direct links:
Azura CUT editor v.1.0
Lola DOG editor v.1.0
Sparky data files extractor and inserter v.0.9
Readme

I have also made the SMFs (Sort Messages Files) for all the Demo .DOG files:
All Demo SMFs
You will have to put them in a Lola subdirectory "smf". When you open a DOG file and its SMF exists, the messages can be also shown in a custom (logical order).
saulob

Post by saulob »

Congrats Vag, thanks. Gonna try with both demo.

Nice...

Btw, strange thing is, here from Brazil we can't access the GreekRoms page... I need to use a proxy address to connect.

Edit: Is just me ? but I couldn't extract the files, i'm using the lastest WinRAR, the files open fine, but when extracting it appears this msg: Unkown method in 'file name'.

Like:

"
Unkown method in Azura CUT editor.exe
No files to extract
"

Just me? Thanks.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

According to WinZIP 9, the file (Azura.zip) "was compressed with an unknown compression method"...
Vag

Post by Vag »

I had used Winzip 11.0 with the setting "Optimize for maximum compression (Use Best Method for each file type)".
I created them all again, with the setting "Legacy (Zip 2.0 Compatible)". The funny thing is that with all of them except the one with the SMFs, it achieved a better compression the second time!
It should be fine for everyone now.

EDIT:
Famous last words: "It should be fine for everyone now." (even though I meant the zip file).
Well, it seems that something in Sparky is broken, and it doesn't create the ScummVM data file properly.
The files are extracted correctly though.
I am sorry for this. I'll try to fix it soon and upload it.

EDIT (again):
I fixed it and I uploaded. Now Sparky is v.0.9.1.
It should be fine for everyone now.
(No, really, it's tested!)
klerik

FOTAQ

Post by klerik »

to Vag: thanks for this tools, now its easy translate "Flight of the Amazon Queen" to czech language :)
Vag

Post by Vag »

I haven't visited this forum or done anything with FOTAQ for a very long time. That changed four days ago, when I finished sorting all the sound files.
I am now in the process of making detailed .xls files with the original phrases, the translated ones, who's talking and the sound files' filenames (I have dome most if this).
Today I gave the needed files to the person who will dub Joe King in Greek. At the same time, an actress is trying to find other actors that are willing to spend some time on it.
One of my projects will be to add voice to the Demos and Interview.

Klerik, I'm happy you're translating it in your language :-)
Good luck.
klerik

FOTAQ

Post by klerik »

Thanks ;-)