Installation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Glorious.Toast

Installation

Post by Glorious.Toast »

I am really sorry but I am a total noob to ScummVM. I have one of the newer, "slim" PS2's, and a 4GB Memorex thumb drive (I think I read that I can use that). As far as I know, the PS2 is not modded. If it is, then it was done by the factory because I got it new from Wal-Mart. Anyway, what I need is first to know if it's possible to install ScummVM, and secondly, a step-by-step guide on doing so. I am not computer illiterate, by any means, but when it comes to PlayStation mods, I am clueless. Frankly, I was totally unaware that anyone had bothered to do something like this. If someone would please help me I would be very grateful. Also, I didn't just post, I searched first.
clem

Re: Installation

Post by clem »

Glorious.Toast wrote:As far as I know, the PS2 is not modded. If it is, then it was done by the factory because I got it new from Wal-Mart.
A mod is a modification which allows the console to run homebrew software; since this is contrary to what the makers of such consoles want, this is never done by the factory (or by larger retailers like Wal-Mart).
Glorious.Toast

Re: Installation

Post by Glorious.Toast »

clem wrote:
Glorious.Toast wrote:As far as I know, the PS2 is not modded. If it is, then it was done by the factory because I got it new from Wal-Mart.
A mod is a modification which allows the console to run homebrew software; since this is contrary to what the makers of such consoles want, this is never done by the factory (or by larger retailers like Wal-Mart).
I know what a mod is, I just wanted to cover all my bases. Thanks for the reply though. Any advice on the rest of the post?