The Dig: stuck (?)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

The Dig: stuck (?)

Post by md5 »

Hello

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Tried this with both ScummVM 0.8.0 and the latest CVS (24/12/05). While playing the Dig, I am stuck at the tomb spire, inside the tomb. After I light up the place, a statue appears which turns to dust when touched. After that, I am supposed to click on the base of the tomb, which is in fact an elevator, and go to the lower level. However, all I get is the descriptive text for the tomb: "This is a pretty elaborate setup for a burial crypt..." and nothing happens

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug with ScummVM? Should I submit this as a bug?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Dig: stuck (?)

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:Hello

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Tried this with both ScummVM 0.8.0 and the latest CVS (24/12/05). While playing the Dig, I am stuck at the tomb spire, inside the tomb. After I light up the place, a statue appears which turns to dust when touched. After that, I am supposed to click on the base of the tomb, which is in fact an elevator, and go to the lower level. However, all I get is the descriptive text for the tomb: "This is a pretty elaborate setup for a burial crypt..." and nothing happens

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug with ScummVM? Should I submit this as a bug?
Well, the last few times this was reported as a ScummVM bug, it always turned out to be the player missing something, so there's a good chance that you are too. :wink:

It's obvious that you know that there's something beneath the crypt, but does Boston know it? If memory serves me, there's a clue in the map room.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You're right, I had to go to the map room first to proceed, because as you said Boston doesn't know about the lower floor