Turn off double tap as right click

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Krono

Turn off double tap as right click

Post by Krono »

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this, so is there a way to make double tapping not a right click? This is making Zak and COMI a pain, I can't get stuff out of my inventory in COMI because of it. What is the time lapse for it to be considered a right click? If I knew that I could just count, I guess. Thanks in advance.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

A double tap is registered when the second tap occurs within 5 pixels and 1 sec of the first one. If you don't mind, please submit a feature request to add a configuration variable which sets the time limit (and consequently, setting it real low, like 0, would turn double tapping off).
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

just curious, in the event that this feature gets changed, would it be user configurable?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

knakos wrote:a configuration variable which sets the time limit
So yeah, something like "doubletapdelay=XXXX" in scummvm.ini with XXXX in usec (too low or 0 => no doubletap).
Krono

Post by Krono »

knakos wrote:A double tap is registered when the second tap occurs within 5 pixels and 1 sec of the first one. If you don't mind, please submit a feature request to add a configuration variable which sets the time limit (and consequently, setting it real low, like 0, would turn double tapping off).
Could I just do it myself? I'm not new to coding, I've got quite a bit of experience. I just thought it was something on the PDA side rather than ScummVM.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Of course, if you recompiled the wince port of scummvm. The process is documented in the wiki (hopefully this will get a lot more simpler soon). The line you need to change is in wince-sdl.cpp, in ::pollEvent, in the SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN case, if that specific 'if' where there is a '< 1000' clause, make it something like '< 1'. Also, please use the source tarball from the 0.10.0 release and not the svn because it has not been updated recently, as I'm checking out some stuff off a frozen development copy.
uenz

Post by uenz »

Is this feature planned to be applied? With the actual version it´s a pain to play the air plane scene of zak.
(http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... hlight=zak and others...)
I compiled a version with double tap off lie you suggested and now its really easy to play the game.
An alternative solution could be to disable click / double click if a key is mapped to the corresponding click function.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

spookypeanut has already sumitted a patch which will be included in next version for this.