LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Don't they crop the image if the format doesn't fit? Our German online-printing-services have the option to either "fit" the image (which means, it's scaled so that there's no white left on the poster... meaning you'll lose part of the image, either on the sides or at the top and the bottom), or to "crop" it (it's scaled so that it either touches the left and right or the top and bottom edge, whichever occurs first... the empty areas of the poster get cut off by them, so that you end up with a poster at the correct aspect ratio and the full image).
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

There are two options either "fit in" (equal to your "crop") or "fill out" (equal to your "fit"). From their description of the options it sounds as they don't do any special cutting to remove the white. You get the poster in the size you ordered and will have to do it manually instead. It could be bad wording on their part, but looking at their example image I don't believe they'll cut the white.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I gave the Pipe Mania poster another go.
http://rapidshare.com/files/98432424/po ... m.rar.html
Managed to get rid of most of the pattern.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Also as a heads up I should have the Fate of Atlantis poster scanned and uploaded in the next few hours.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

that's great, but what' with all the doubleposting all the time? it IS possible to edit your posts you know;)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Sure..
Right then unfortunately I had to scan the image twice, to account for the scanner having A3 sized glass but not scanning at the full size. Also the scanner was busy so I didnt have much time.
however its alright
I tried to get rid of the creases as best as I could but unfortunately they are still very visible, especially where its been folded and unfolded a few times, maybe the other poster can be used to fix some parts of that, or this to fix parts of the other poster.
There's no compression and both scans are about 90mb at 600dpi
scan 1 - missed off the top of the stone tablet
http://rapidshare.com/files/98496064/fatescan1.rar.html

scan 2 - slightly crooked missing tiny piece of camel hoof but has all the tablet
http://rapidshare.com/files/98496513/fatescan2.rar.html

Hope someone can make use of these
jefklak

Post by jefklak »

Great stuff everyone!

I'd love to see some high resolution art on non-LucasArts games like Gobliins and such. I can't seem to find any decent quality box art anywhere... Maybe anybody else found something interesting?
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I managed to find a fairly high res scan of a lost in time advert, I think I just searched lost in time high res in google and found it there. dont know if that helps
Rob
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

btw sanguinehearts, I really liked your Pipe Dreams poster:) you should get it up in the first post sometime
ojobenito

Post by ojobenito »

Hi!
Just registered to tell you, guys, that your job bringing these quality to the posters is simply amazing.
Also, if you accept requests or ideas, one poster that I'd love to see hanging from my wall is the "bulletin board" or "hint poster" that came along with Maniac Mansion. I think it was so much original for a game "extra"...

A friend of mine had it, but I lost his trace long time ago, so the better quality I found on the internet is a PDF of that poster (much more quality than LucasArts Museum webpage but I don't know if it's still enought quality).
I think the poster is good quality excepct some news that doesn't read well because the letter is small. Anyway, the NES scans of that poster show that letter in better quality, so maybe they can be rewritten in the "quality" poster.

I don't know, just giving an idea.
Here you have the PDF + NES Scans.
http://rapidshare.com/files/101033800/M ... r.rar.html

Thanks and keep up the good work. It's awesome !!!! :wink: [/url]
neversummer

Post by neversummer »

Ha! I also just registered to see if anyone has started work on a Maniac Mansion poster?
ojobenito

Post by ojobenito »

neversummer wrote:Ha! I also just registered to see if anyone has started work on a Maniac Mansion poster?
If you look on past comments, they've already scan the image in hi-res, so I think it's only matter of time :wink:
neversummer

Post by neversummer »

oh I've gone through the 15 pages in the other poster thread as well as this one, I've found the one box scan @ 600dpi. The dots per inch look rather large at full res, has anyone started to tackle that? It looks like it would be quite painful to clean up
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I've only started on "Maniac Mansion", so right now there's just the kids and the house cleaned up. HERE's a little sample of the quality I'm at right now. The face in the sky needs a lot of work, and there's yet a lot of dirt and scratches to be cleaned up, so that'll still take a while.
Last edited by Laserschwert on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
raina

Post by raina »

Looking good so far, Mr. Lightsaber, keep it up.