ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PalmOS Port > ScummVM without sound when using the frontend
ScummVM without sound when using the frontend
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Lord Avallon

ScummVM without sound when using the frontend 

Hi guys, I am having a strange problem, when I try to run a game from the frontend, it starts normally, but without any sound, if I skip the frontend and go directly to the ScummVM screen (the one black and green) it starts normally with sound. The games are properly configured, I really donīt know what is causing this, my palm is a Tungsten E, ScummVM version 0.11.1.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:10 pm 
md5
ScummVM Developer

What is the "frontend" in this case? Confused Cause you mention you got an extra frontend together with ScummVM's one

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:16 pm 
clem

quote:
Originally posted by md5
What is the "frontend" in this case? Confused Cause you mention you got an extra frontend together with ScummVM's one

The PalmOS version comes with a native PalmOS UI frontend/launcher (at least it was that way when I tried it ~2yrs ago) - if you don't select a game there, the usual ScummVM interface would pop up.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:19 pm 
thatgui

Dumb question:
have you activated sound in the frontend ?

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:28 am 
Lord Avallon

Thatīs exactly how clem said, when I select a game with the usual ScummVM interface, with all configurations set, it works perfectly with sound, when I try to run the game from the frontend, it works but without any sound, I configured the frontend exactly like i did on ScummVM interface but no sound, and answering you thatgui, yes, I enabled sound on the frontend, itīs not a dumb question, sometimes the lack of attention makes us skip some things. Itīs really strange, thatīs what iīve done on the config:

Enabled audio
Driver: Adlib
Quality: High (I tried Low and Medium but no sound)
Rate: 8 KHz

The Entry name, Path, Game and Engine are OK because the game works, the problem is with the sound.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:14 pm 
selmi

confirmation 

i can confirm problem. i have Tungsten T5 if it matters. before i had scummvm 0.9.1 and sound worked. now i upgraded to 0.11.1 and sound is gone

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:00 am 
Reply to topic