iPhone issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Morty

iPhone issues

Post by Morty »

To begin with, I am using ScummVM SVN on a 1.1.3 iPhone.

List of bugs I have encountered so far:
  • - Earphones/Speaker issue like mentioned here;
    - In Indy 3, small gap between bottom of screen and keyboard, keyboard being to high and overlapping bottom of ScummVM menu (F5). I will post a screenshot as soon as I find how to;
    - French iPhone user = AZERTY keyboard, therefore verbs are not called according to their relative places;
    - Since Vinterstum is working on it, I should not call it a bug, but touching an element on screen is extremely difficult (see here). It would be THE solution to use iPhone correction lens to solve this problem.
Vinterstum you can count on me should you need help reproducing certain bugs or helping with programming if I may (still haven't used iPhone unofficial SDK though).

BTW, is version 0.11.1 more recent than the SVN one?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Re: iPhone issues

Post by Vinterstum »

Morty wrote:Vinterstum you can count on me should you need help reproducing certain bugs or helping with programming if I may (still haven't used iPhone unofficial SDK though).
Programming help is always appreciated :). Especially with things like the AZERTY issue.

I made a quick compilation guide here, some time ago: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compi ... mVM/iPhone
Morty wrote:BTW, is version 0.11.1 more recent than the SVN one?
As far as the iPhone specific parts are concerned, they're (currently) the same. The SVN version is built from trunk, however, so it has more new general ScummVM features and engine work (all in-progress engines are compiled in, for example). But, it may (or will) be more unstable :).
Morty

Post by Morty »

As soon I have managed to set up the toolchain I will get back to you. I hope I'll be able to provide some help. My focus will be on the lens though. I guess it would be very convenient .

Did you spot the issue I'm mentioning about Indy 3 and the gap with keyboard?

edit: Tried to use ScreenShot to have a pic, it does not work on my phone. I guess it's permission related.
Morty

Post by Morty »

I might be able to give more information about compiling ScummVM for iPhone on a Windows-running computer. I still have to get a copy of an iPhone directory structure, but my toolchain for Windows seems to be OK.