PSP Firmware 2.0 Version doesn't work!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GrandmasterT

PSP Firmware 2.0 Version doesn't work!

Post by GrandmasterT »

I tried to run the ScummVM Version with the Eboot Loader but after the Loading Process nothing starts. Then I have to reboot my PSP! What have I done wrong?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I don't know, I don't have a 2.00 firmware PSP.
I've heard from numerous people that it works fine though, so it must be something on your end.
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Are you using the latest EBOOT loader (0.7)? I've tried it with an earlier build (0.3) and it didn't work with that. 0.7 works like a charm. I've had an occasional lock-up at startup, but I just rebooted and then it works.

http://www.fanjita.org/psp
GrandmasterT

Post by GrandmasterT »

I made the following steps:
1. I copied the 2 bin Files to the root of the MS, the folders photo and game to the folder psp
2. Then I copied the scummvm folder with the pbp File into the game folder. I made a new folder for a game in the game directory and copied the ega version of indy3 to it
3. I went to the photo menue and started first the "EBOOT loader", after 10 sec. the PSP turns off!
4. I rebooted and started the "EBOOT loader 03". Here I can choose the scummvm folder to start the pbp File. Then Eboot makes a "Scanning file at offset ...... (try number 01/02/03). After that it comes a bug report:

Working with NID info structure at 08BD80F4
(file offs: 00304462 = ELF offs: 002ED90F4)
Importing from lib: 'sceUitility'
Failed to match NID A5DA2406
(read from address 08BD8358 == file offs: 003046C6

After that I have to push the power button for 10 sec. to turn the PSP off! Do you know more about my problem?
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

I had the exact same problem. Use Fanjita's 0.7 loader (instead of 0.3)
GrandmasterT

Post by GrandmasterT »

@Shonen: The 0.7 Loader is the one without any Version Number in the Photo Menue ("EBOOT loader", without the 03), is that right! As I wrote, when I start it the PSP hangs for some seconds and then turns off!
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Yeah it should be the one without anything behind it. To make sure, perhaps you need to delete all previous loaders (probably the 0.3, in your case) by deleting the two .bin files (l.bin and l_alt.bin) from your root and deleting all "loader" folders from your photos folder.

After that, perform a clean install of the 0.7 loader. Things should work then.