Windows Joystick Support?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gzsfrk

Windows Joystick Support?

Post by gzsfrk »

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I honestly did do a forum search for "joystick" prior to this post, and all the topics listed had to do with ScummVM on a cell phone.

So here's my questions--does joystick support currently work on the Windows build? I notice that there is a "--joystick" switch (optionally can be entered as "--joystick=NUM" to specified joystick # NUM) that's supposed to work from the command line, but whenever I try to start ScummVM using either the default or specifying a joystick number, ScummVM refuses to start and instead shows the listing of all command-line options, like it would had I tried to start it up using an invalid command-line option.

Anyone have any tips, or is Joystick support currently not working in the latest release?

Thanks in advance!
gzsfrk

No one?

Post by gzsfrk »

No one has any insight on this question?

Cheers...
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

scummvm --joystick
doesn't work here either, but e.g.

scummvm --joystick=1
works fine.

I have no joystick to test it with, but at least it starts instead of showing the help.
gzsfrk

Post by gzsfrk »

Ok, thanks for the tip! I've been trying "--joystick=0" since I only have one joystick plugged in (for some reason, I was thinking that gaming device #s start with 0?), but I'll try "--joystick=1" and report back my results.

Thanks again!
gzsfrk

Update!

Post by gzsfrk »

Ok... I downloaded the daily snapshot a couple days ago, and when I tried the "--joystick=0" switch, it was working!

So I guess maybe it's just a problem with the 0.8.0 release? I need to go back and test that version again and see if I still have the same problem.

Cheers...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

There were no changes in that part of the code since 0.8.0 release. Weird.

Eugene
elbiolin

About Joysticks on Macintosh

Post by elbiolin »

Can I use joysticks on Macintosh?
I saw the same command line thing on the ScummVm Readme. I have to use the Terminal?

Thanks in advance!
Elbio.