Screen Rotation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bobablob

Screen Rotation

Post by bobablob »

Since, I believe Vinter is using this Forum for feature requests rather than the Forge Tracker:

Vinter, it would be nice if the accelerometer rotated the screen both ways. Right now, landscape is displayed the same direction, regardless of which hand is holding the "base" of the Touch/iPhone. Compare with Safari for what I feel is a more helpful presentation.

Thanks, for everything!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

It's been on my list for a while, yes. Just not prioritized yet :).
topfs

Post by topfs »

This would be awesome.
The current rotation seems wrong to me, movies flip the other way :)

Well, just registered actually to say. What a neat app! I've dusted of all my oldies and installed them on linux when I found the iPhone version! Wonderfull!, just wonderfull!.
Thx a million for the great app!
Guybrush1234

Post by Guybrush1234 »

First of all, thanks for a really great program. Love to put my Ipod touch out at school when bored to play Curse of Monkey Island. The request is the picture on CoMI when fliped. It doesn't fill out the whole screen, and would be great if it got fixed
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Guybrush1234 wrote:First of all, thanks for a really great program. Love to put my Ipod touch out at school when bored to play Curse of Monkey Island. The request is the picture on CoMI when fliped. It doesn't fill out the whole screen, and would be great if it got fixed
It's not supposed to fill the whole screen at the moment, since the screen on the iPod has a different aspect ratio from the game itself. Toggling that on and off is on my List(tm) though (there's already a generic scummvm option for it, just not checking it yet).

But: If we make the image fill the whole screen, it'll be skewed (everything will look wider than it's supposed to). So it may not be something you want :)
Guybrush1234

Post by Guybrush1234 »

Alright, fair enough. One more thing. When i press my finger at the screen, the screens mouse is showned abit down from where i tuched.. Is this only on mine Ipod?