Graphics problem at the end of "Broken Sword 1" (S

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mikkel

Graphics problem at the end of "Broken Sword 1" (S

Post by Mikkel »

When I enter the cave where the templars are preforming the ritual at the end of the game, the screen does not scroll to the right - it ever moves to revel the chanting templars, cutting out much of the end drama. Now, it might have been a while a ago since I played the game on my Win98 machine, but I am certain that this did not happen:

Full size
Full size

I use ScummVM v. 8, though the save games were made under ScummVM 7 (though the error also crops up there) - and yes I am running it through a filter - but I have tried turning it off to no effect.

Thank you in advance - if this has already been fixed - then I am sorry to have bothered you.
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

What I'd try first is playing through the game from scratch. It is entirely possible that the bug happens because of the 0.7.0 savegame you're using.

Sorry that I can't offer any better help than that...

--Darkstar
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Hey it's no problem, I'd just thought I'd like to report it - thanks for replying though! :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Graphics problem at the end of "Broken Sword 1"

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I never played it with the original interpreter, but I did see something that might have looked like the second image (it's hard to tell, it was over so quickly) at the very end of the scene, as George and Nico run away: the character seemed to vanish much too early.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Graphics problem at the end of "Broken Sword 1"

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The room is definitely wider than 640 pixels, and it is being told to scroll to the right. It doesn't because the SCROLL_FLAG variable is being set immediately to 0, before the camera has a chance to move.

From what I understand of the code, 0 means "don't scroll -- ever", 1 means "scroll slowly towards this position", and 2 means "move immediately to this position".

It looks like http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/s ... 46&r2=1.47 changed the behaviour of this scene.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

By the way, I have posted a bug report to the ScummVM bug tracker.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Thank you.