Compatability with the Treo 600?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

felanor

Compatability with the Treo 600?

Post by felanor »

Does ScummVM currently support the Treo 600? I installed the two files required to the local memory, but I get the following error when I try to run ScummVM.

"Error - Your device doesn't seem to support Hi-Res or 256color mode."

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for your help

~Felanor
clem

Post by clem »

from wikipedia page on the Treo 600:
Display 160×160 pixels CSTN backlit display

all ScummVM games expect at least a 320x240 display, so you're out of luck, sorry

clem
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmm... according to this page on the wiki the earliest supported treo (that we are aware of at least) is the 650. You may want to try out some of the older versions available at Chriliths Download Page im not sure if they will work or not, and as older versions there isnt as many games supported.

Im sorry, i have very little experience with treos beyond that what ive read about the devices
felanor

Post by felanor »

Is there any chance that the engine will ever be adapted to downscale the display requirements?
clem

Post by clem »

from the abovementioned wiki page:

ScummVM is available on PalmOS v3.5 devices and higher with high resolution support (320x320) and at least 256 colors.

So I think older ScummVM versions won't help you there.
felanor wrote:Is there any chance that the engine will ever be adapted to downscale the display requirements?
most likely not - even if you could downscale the graphics, this would be a nightmare to control with a stylus
CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

Sarien worked on low-res devices for the AGI games. There's no reason at least that module in ScummVM couldn't be made to work also.

The question of is it worth it then comes into play...probably not. I don't know how many people actually still use a 600 but I'd guess the work involved to make the frontend compatible would outweigh the benefits for just AGI games.