Monkey Island 2 Copy Protection Screen + More questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BlackThunder

Monkey Island 2 Copy Protection Screen + More questions

Post by BlackThunder »

Heya,

Running SVN version.....

When I run MI 2 I get the copy protection screen, in which I can't do anything. How do I get past it?

Also COMI runs really slow. I placed all the files where they should be yet it chugs quite bad.

One last question, where does the music go for MI 1?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

What kind of computer are you using? Which version of ScummVM?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hello

First of all, you haven't mentioned your system specs or the version of ScummVM you're using

For MI2, just put any answer in the copy protection screen and it should be bypassed (e.g. type 00 and 00)

For COMI.... what do you mean that it's really slow? Have you copied all the game's files to your hard drive? Is it slow when a video is being played or in-game?

As for MI1... the floppy version had MIDI music, which is already in the game's data files. If you're referring to the digital CD audio tracks of the CD version, they should be ripped with an appropriate program (e.g. CDEx) and placed in the folder where the rest of the game's files are, as track01.mp3 (if you're using mp3 compression), track02.mp3 and so on
BlackThunder

Post by BlackThunder »

Oh I apologize for the lack of information. Get caught up in playing Sam and Max and Monkey Island.

I have the GP2X F200 and I am running te SVN build (something to do with 0.10?)

COMI ran really slow just in normal play, but I have sorted that out with DJWillis.

Oh yeah and because I am using a GP2X what about the copy protection screen?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BlackThunder wrote: Oh yeah and because I am using a GP2X what about the copy protection screen?
Perhaps someone in the GP2X port forum knows?
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
BlackThunder wrote: Oh yeah and because I am using a GP2X what about the copy protection screen?
Perhaps someone in the GP2X port forum knows?
BlackThunder,

Yep, somebody in the GP2X forum does know the answer to your question. They even took the time to document it in the port README that is included with every GP2X download and on the Wiki pages about the port :wink:.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X# ... n_the_GP2X