Experiences on HTC Touch or 320x240

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

1312rene

Experiences on HTC Touch or 320x240

Post by 1312rene »

Hello everyone,

I am a long ScummVM user, used it on my PC for a while, but also on my Nokia N73 (320x240 resolution). I always thought the screen was big enough, and had a decent resolution. I played Sam & Max with a lot of joy :)

Now it is time for me to pick a new phone, and I was thinking about buying a HTC Touch, which also runs on 320x240, but has a bigger screen. After reading through the FAQs en tutorials here (just for fun), I stumbled upon the manual...

The manual states that games are VERY ugly on QVGA (320x240), and text is hard to read. I didn't notice this on my N73, so I just want to know:

1. Anyone else using an HTC Touch, and how is readability with Sam & Max, but also Full Throttle and the Curse of Monkey Island?

2. Are some games better to play on 320x240 than others? Like, Sam & Max is playable, but full throttle/Cure of Monkey Island is not so playable?

3. Anyone else running 320x240, and what are you experiences?

And something completely else:
4. What do you do when you have to use buttons, like the fighting in Full Throttle? There are not many buttons on the HTC Touch, so how can you play it that way?

THANKS IN ADVANCE PEOPLE!!! :)
kram0

Post by kram0 »

I've just discovered ScummVM for my Dopod 800W (HTC) and this has the same size screen as the HTC Touch as far as I can tell but I would say that the Touch's screen is slightly nicer looking but that may just be WM6 as opposed to WM5.
I've only tried Day Of The Tenticle on mine so far but all the text was quite readable indoors. Choosing what to say (purple on black background) would be impossible outside in the sun but with all the glare it's really not easy to play as it is. I've got the Sam'n'Max CD to try out next.
I'll have to try ScummVM on the Touch if I get a chance (we use them at work) but I wouldn't imagine that there would be any problems.