Improvements to AGI games?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bobablob

Post by bobablob »

I'm wondering if there are any improvements that might be appropriate for the AGI games. While the Touch and the iPhone are great for Point and Click adventures, the AGI engine isn't all that savvy when it comes to mouse movement. Perhaps binding characters of the keyboard to arrow keys would alleviate some of the problems.

But I want to reiterate just how phenomenal I think this port is. Truly amazing stuff.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Split this post from the big iPhone thread
djgamble

Post by djgamble »

Yes with King's Quest 1 and 2 I find it impossible to leave the screen using the left side; no obvious reason why as the right hand side is fine. Arrow keys would be great.

As the original poster said though... ScummVM on the iPhone (or in my case iPod Touch) is simply amazing!! Keep up the good work.
NLS

Post by NLS »

one more vote for making character control better in AGI

yes also here is very difficult to leave the screen to the left
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with that side of the screen, not sure why exactly.

But: In the next version you'll have the "other" landscape mode to play with as well. Meaning you can just flip the device over and the problem area will promptly relocate to the other side of the screen :P.

I'll see if I can't put in some temporary input method for arrow keys as well.