ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > iPhone Port > 21 dec build lagging DOTT
21 dec build lagging DOTT
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
sysfailure

21 dec build lagging DOTT 

the new build seems to be causing day of the tentacle to lag. I am playing the talkie version. When my characters walk, it is nowhere near as smooth as in the last build. Not sure if it relates to the sound as I haven't got my earphones here currently to check. Anyone else notice this?

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:43 am 
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Should be fixed now Razz

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:53 am 
sysfailure

The new build certainly seems to run sound fine. Of course you still need to run the music app or something first to initiate full volume in ScummVM. However the character animation in DOTT still seems far more laggy than it was in the builds before you fixed the sound for Broken Sword. Often when the game character moved, you can see part of the last frame of animation from the sprite popping up behind him and his walk speed is very erratic like he is missing frames. I have tried turning speech off but it does the same in subtitle only mode.

It also seems to take several attemps for it to recognise I am swiping for the menu. This could be lag related too as the pointer jumps or ignores me when I do this.

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:48 pm 
Reply to topic