iPhone port project dead?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hazed

iPhone port project dead?

Post by Hazed »

Hey all,

I was just wondering why we haven't heard anything with regards to this port for quite a while?

There are still lots of bugs (Broken Sword 1 and 2 still randomly crash to Spring/Summerboard) etc, I would hate to see this project die, it is one of my favourite apps on my iPod Touch!
clem

Post by clem »

You mean because this post has not been updated in 10 days, the port is dying?

Btw, last iphone-specific backend patch was (as of posting this) 43 hours ago.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Patience people :). Progress quite naturally slows down at this stage of the port, since there's 1) less to do, and 2) the "easy" bugs have been fixed (the Broken Sword one, for example, is tricky to track down).
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

Would you believe Hazed has moderator powers over at ipodtouchfans.com?

He thinks the project died after 10 days. Wow.
djgamble

Post by djgamble »

Okay its been said already but jeez, impatient little man!

ScummVM for the iPhone isn't even official to the best of my knowledge; I thought we still only had a bunch of svn builds. I downloaded an update less than 2 weeks ago so wouldn't say the port is feeling dead.

Maybe Microsoft has canned Windows... I haven't seen any updates since Vista was released and there's still lots of bugs :P
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Developers are people, not coding monkeys. This whole project is made of people who work on it on their spare time, we are not getting paid to do this, we're doing it because we want to.

You're getting this for free, so kindly please stop asking for something new every day, we all have our lives to live. I can't believe that you rushed in to declare a project "dead", because developers don't fix issues in the time frame that suits you. If you do want to have bugs fixed more quickly, you're always welcome to help ;)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

OK, relax folks :). Yes, the question was rather silly (to put it nicely), but I think that point got clear by now and does not need to be further discussed. 8)
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Wow, chill. It was a question not a statement.

Didn't realize we were playing Buckaroo, sorry.

@bobablob: what has that got to do with anything?
@md5: I don't recall posting here everyday asking for something new...
@djgamble: my Windows must be updating and installing imaginary friends every few days then... ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hazed wrote:Wow, chill. It was a question not a statement.
This doesn't change anything
Hazed wrote:@md5: I don't recall posting here everyday asking for something new...
Yet you rushed in to declare a project dead... ;)
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

md5 wrote:Yet you rushed in to declare a project dead... ;)
Where I am from, a declaration is different from a question. I believe that to be the case everywhere ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Well, if you're asking "Is this project dead?" it sounds like a statement/accusation, especially if it's not based on solid facts.

In any case, ScummVM is a very active project, the iPhone port is in very active development as well, I hope this is clear by now
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

Maybe someone can lock this thread before Hazed comes in and reasons us all out of existence.