Unable to use Virtiual keyboard; Curse of Monkey Island

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eR1k

Unable to use Virtiual keyboard; Curse of Monkey Island

Post by eR1k »

About a week ago I purchased a HTC TYTN II. I was really excited to play my old Curse of Monkey Island game, and the intro cutscene seemed promissing.
As you might know the TYTN II has a slide out keyboard, but it doesn't seem to work ingame. I can bind keys through the menu, such as right click etc. and those binds work perfectly, but that's not the case with the game controls. By that I mean T for Talk, U for Use and so on. This is the case whilst using the slide out keyboard. The virtual keyboard doesn't accept any input whatsoever.
The touchscreen works great and I can send Guybrush all over the place but it would be even better if I were able to use the keyboard.
I tried 3 versions of ScummVM: 0.9.0a, 0.9.1 and 0.10.0. which all resulted in the same outcome.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

I have not ever checked that functionality; it seems to me it could be one of these things:

1) A "bug": pointer coordinates are not updated somehow and correspond to a wrong position when "t" is pressed.

2) Inherit difficulty: Stylus taps are handled like buttondown+mousemove (at the same time) events, so no clear mousemove events occur. This might be screwing up this thing.

If you'd like this to get fixed (and not me forgetting about it) I suggest opening up a bug report on our bug tracker.