Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PowPow

Post by PowPow »

Works fine now. Thanks for the help :)
moley

Post by moley »

hi, how did you manage to fix it?

I'm having the same problem one thing I have noticed is when I do try to install the app using the installer it downloads fine but when it gets to the install part the bar doesn't move then disappears and throws me back to my desktop
PowPow

Post by PowPow »

I just recovered it and Jailbreaked it again. Must have been some software that I installed, that was in conflict with the game.

I seem to have very low sound, how to fix that?
moley

Post by moley »

thanks that worked :)
rotane

Post by rotane »

PowPow wrote:I seem to have very low sound, how to fix that?
You can try to play a piece of music or a video right before, and turn the volume up there, and then you start ScummVM again.
skyone10

Post by skyone10 »

PowPow wrote:I just recovered it and Jailbreaked it again. Must have been some software that I installed, that was in conflict with the game.

I seem to have very low sound, how to fix that?

The problem occurs because the Iphone/Itouch is running out of installation space. (Apple has limited the partition) The scummVM only installing 3.4MB on my touch - not more.

You don't have to recover and jailbreak again, just create an Applications folder in the root directory and follow this instructions:

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/29/iphone-h ... iphone-or/

Copy the complete ScummVm.app package to the root/Applications folder and it works fine... It does it with my ITouch... You may have to restart however...
Fofer

Post by Fofer »

iPod touch 1.1.2 (jailbroken) here.

I had the same issue here... ScummVM would launch and then quickly quit.

I also noticed that once downloaded via Installer, the springboard wouldn't reload as usual (to refresh for new apps) and the "Uninstall" portion of Installer didn't list ScummVM. I manually removed, reinstalled a bunch of times, all to no avail. I was getting frustrated.

Then I read this thread, and decided to clear up some space. (I had a full three pages of apps loaded on my iPod touch!)

I deleted some apps I never use, tried again, and this time it loaded just fine.

Hope this helps some others out there...