ScummVM iPhone icon

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rotane

ScummVM iPhone icon

Post by rotane »

First of all, thanks a ton for this, Vinterstum! It's an awesome piece of software already :) (I can confirm it runs on 1.0.2 as well, btw., after I set the permissions of the files to 775.)

Well, in order to contribute something to it, I've created an icon for it, that fits better to the original icons found on the iPhone (using the exact same dimensions, border radius, gradients, shadow..). Feel free to include it in any upcoming release!

There we go:

Oh, and, I can also confirm that the mouse cursor could be moved a few pixels up and left. And also, is it possible to shift the whole game 1 pixel to the right? With my German version of MI1 (the only game I tested so far) it is slightly off (text to the left is cut off, and 1 line of extra pixels to the right appears). That's not something major of course ;)

In any case, thanks!

(Edit: embedded the image to the post, instead of having just a link to it.)
Last edited by rotane on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

rotane wrote: Well, in order to contribute something to it, I've created an icon for it, that fits better to the original icons found on the iPhone (using the exact same dimensions, border radius, gradients, shadow..). Feel free to include it in any upcoming release!

There we go:
http://hoffer.cx/data/scumm01.png
Nice, thanks! I was hoping someone would do this at some point :). At the moment I'm just copying in an icon from another port, this will be much better.
rotane wrote: Oh, and, I can also confirm that the mouse cursor could be moved a few pixels up and left. And also, is it possible to shift the whole game 1 pixel to the right? With my German version of MI1 (the only game I tested so far) it is slightly off (text to the left is cut off, and 1 line of extra pixels to the right appears). That's not something major of course ;)

In any case, thanks!
Ah wasn't aware of the 1 pixel offset issue, thanks :).
rotane

Post by rotane »

Wow, you're quick!
Vinterstum wrote: Nice, thanks! I was hoping someone would do this at some point :). At the moment I'm just copying in an icon from another port, this will be much better.
Hehe, no worries, glad I could help!
And since I got a little excited, here's an alternative Default.png, if you wanna use it:

http://hoffer.cx/data/scumm_default01.png
(If someone could tell me where to get a higher resolution file of the logo, I'd appreciate it - I had to extract this one from the website. Not that you see the loading screen for very long, but I'm a perfectionist ;))
Vinterstum wrote: Ah wasn't aware of the 1 pixel offset issue, thanks :).
Any time! I'll let you know about other games once I tested them.
markush8

Post by markush8 »

rotane wrote: There we go:
http://hoffer.cx/data/scumm01.png
Very nice icon!! :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Split these posts from the big iPhone thread
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

I made an Icon for the Litho-theme:

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

pathfinder wrote:I made an Icon for the Litho-theme:

The shape of S is incorrect. So, although the icons by themselves are cool, they're unacceptable.

Compare it with current icon:

Eugene
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

sev wrote:The shape of S is incorrect. So, although the icons by themselves are cool, they're unacceptable.

Compare it with current icon:

Eugene
I know, but this is just a custom-made Icon and I don't know which font I have to use. If you know the fontname, then let me know, so I can fix it :wink:
Nevertheless I wouldn't say that this Icon is "unacceptable"...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

There is no font name involved, the S-shape is custom made. We do have a SVG version in our repository, see http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... dia/trunk/
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

pathfinder wrote:Nevertheless I wouldn't say that this Icon is "unacceptable"...
Well, I meant not the icon itself, but for it becoming official :)

Eugene
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

thx, fingolfin, for the advice. I fixed the S-shape, so I hope, that you are now fully satisfied :)

I have to say, that this looks very cool, if you are using the Litho-Theme :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

This may look nice inside your theme (BTW, how about a screenshot / picture of it so all of us who don't have it can enjoy the looks of it, too?)
But it still wouldn't be appropriate for an official icon, as the shape of the S is still too much distorted. You must keep the thickness of the lines, and also should keep the color variations. Else the "branding" just doesn't work. It looks *very* different from our standard "S" right now.
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

fingolfin wrote:But it still wouldn't be appropriate for an official icon, as the shape of the S is still too much distorted. You must keep the thickness of the lines, and also should keep the color variations. Else the "branding" just doesn't work. It looks *very* different from our standard "S" right now.
I have to say, that I never want to make an official icon, because in my opinion the actual Icon fits perfect to the other standard iPhone-Icons.
See this scummVM-Icon as a perfect integration to the other icons in the Litho-Theme...

I don't want to make this Thread off-Topic, but here is a Screenshot of my Litho-Theme: