iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TomFrost

iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Post by TomFrost »

Please use this thread to report successes, glitches, and failures with certain games. For each report, be sure to include:
  • An extremely detailed description of what happened. Saying "Saving doesn't work" does not help us -- you need to tell us what happened. "Saving doesn't work because ScummVM quits when I click the Save button" is a much better explanation. ...if that's what happened, of course :)
  • The version of ScummVM you're using.
  • The version of the game you're running (DOS? FMTowns? CD? Is there sound?)
Your input will be used to update the official listing of supported games on the iPhone wiki page. There is an impressive, impressive amount of green on that page. Way to go, Vinterstum :)

I've moved the game list there in its entirety, so please use the Wiki for reference -- but keep submitting updates here!

As usual, problems with the iPhone port in general that aren't linked to one specific game won't be included on that list -- please write a new topic in this forum if the bug you found hasn't been mentioned yet, and include a detailed explanation of what's wrong for Vinterstum. Only if a bug is game-specific should it be posted in this thread.

Thanks everyone! And remember -- there are a lot of games missing from that list. If you have one that's not there, be the first to submit it!
Last edited by TomFrost on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:12 am, edited 70 times in total.
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

Maniac Mansion (V2/German - included in DOTT/German/CD-Rom) also seems to work well..
Last edited by SpARC on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Added!
rotane

Post by rotane »

in addition, to the 20071113 version (on my 1.0.2 iPhone)

Indiany Jones 4 with speech (CD/DOS/English) - playable: but I can confirm the black bottom area in the beginning.

Indiana Jones 4 (Floppy/DOS/German) - playable: but I can again confirm the black bottom area in the beginning.

Maniac Mansion (V1/DOS/English) - fully playable.

Monkey Island 1 (VGA/DOS/German) - fully playable, but screen moved 1 or 2 px to the left.

Zak McKracken (V2/DOS/German) and (V2/DOS/English) - fully playable.

But basically, all screens seem to be moved 1 px to the left, not just in Monkey Island, but it's most noticable in MI1, after a bit of testing/playing.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Updated! I hadn't realized all of the games were positioned past the left border -- I only noticed it in Zak! Good eyes, rotane. Since that's a bug with the port itself much like the cursor, I've removed it from the games list.
pikamookie

Post by pikamookie »

Hey guys, great work! I used to love the old adventure games and I'm thrilled that now I can play them on my ipod touch!

Has anyone else tried any of the King's Quest games? I've installed the Sierra King's Quest Collection and copied over the game folders and all I get is a blank screen. Anyone have any better luck? Thanks!
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

I haven't tried those! I never got bitten by the KQ bug until they moved to SCI... one of these days I'll try the earlier games.

If you tell me which games you've tested and got blank screens on, though, I'd be happy to add them to our list!
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

The Dig Speech (CD English) does not work. It crashes when it is about to use voice.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

divinez0r wrote:The Dig Speech (CD English) does not work. It crashes when it is about to use voice.
Added, thanks! I assumed you used 20071114 -- correct me if I'm wrong! :)
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

TomFrost wrote:
divinez0r wrote:The Dig Speech (CD English) does not work. It crashes when it is about to use voice.
Added, thanks! I assumed you used 20071114 -- correct me if I'm wrong! :)
correct i used 2007114. also tested Simon the Sorcerer 1 (CD English Speech). Loads fine. Speech seems to work but it runs very slow and I have no cursor so I cannot click on anything.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Also added-- thanks for your input! :)
pikamookie

Post by pikamookie »

Let's see, I was able to add KQ II and III. Both load but it's a black screen and a green arrow. :(
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

pikamookie wrote:Let's see, I was able to add KQ II and III. Both load but it's a black screen and a green arrow. :(
Added both -- I made some assumptions on version you tested with and game types, so let me know if I was wrong :)
markush8

Post by markush8 »

Just testing with 20071114 but unfortunately Monkey Island 1 (CD/Dos/English) is freezing on the startup screen "Lucasfilm Games"
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

markush8 wrote:Just testing with 20071114 but unfortunately Monkey Island 1 (CD/Dos/English) is freezing on the startup screen "Lucasfilm Games"
Can you ESC out of it? I ran into that too (that's the "Minor Glitch" I included in my report for this game), but I hit ESC a few times and had no issues. There are a few CD/VGA games that do that to me.