Sound volume seems too low

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Don Leut

Sound too quiet

Post by Don Leut »

I just installed the lates version and recognized, that the sound is too quiet. I already tried to put the volume up in the scummvm options, but it´s still too quiet.
markush8

Re: Sound too quiet

Post by markush8 »

Don Leut wrote:I just installed the lates version and recognized, that the sound is too quiet. I already tried to put the volume up in the scummvm options, but it´s still too quiet.
Try firmware 1.1.1 - there the volume should be fine.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

markush8 wrote:
Don Leut wrote:I just installed the lates version and recognized, that the sound is too quiet. I already tried to put the volume up in the scummvm options, but it´s still too quiet.
Try firmware 1.1.1 - there the volume should be fine.
If you haven't upgraded to 1.1.1 yet, it's incredibly easy to jailbreak and get Installer.app put on. Just open Safari and navigate to http://jailbreakme.com after the upgrade, and you'll be set in less than 10 seconds :)

Note that jailbreakme.com does not unlock your phone -- if you're using an iPhone on a service other than one it's been officially released on, you should do much more research before upgrading.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Try putting up the volume of your iPod itself.
rotane

Post by rotane »

markush8 wrote:Try firmware 1.1.1 - there the volume should be fine.
I'm on 1.0.2 and had to turn the volume down as it was pretty loud in a quiet environment (sound effects and the beeping music in MI1, at least)..
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Try listening to an MP3 (or a video) for a few seconds, before starting ScummVM. There seems to be a bug with the volume initialization at the moment.
Don Leut

Post by Don Leut »

Vinterstum wrote:
Try listening to an MP3 (or a video) for a few seconds, before starting ScummVM. There seems to be a bug with the volume initialization at the moment.
Thanks, now it works, but I can´t say it´s really loud (I´ve pushed the volume of scummvm´s options to maximum. But it works!

By the way. I have my iPod already jailbroken and the 1.11 Firmware is installed
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Split these posts from the big iPhone thread
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

If the volume is too low I just rotate the screen and hit some keys (for example e,f,z).. after that volume is normal 8)
mr.wisdom

Post by mr.wisdom »

on ipod touch actually the opposite is true (at least for me)

if i play an mp3 and then go to scumm the audio level is fine

if i rotate and press a key then the audio goes back to low

:D

(so, load first, play mp3, go back to scumm, enjoy)