iPod Touch/iPhone Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

baklava

Post by baklava »

If the main GUI would be iPhone like, as suggested, scrolling would automatically behave like in a normal iPhone application, which imho is the best/natural solution for scrolling.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

baklava wrote:If the main GUI would be iPhone like, as suggested, scrolling would automatically behave like in a normal iPhone application, which imho is the best/natural solution for scrolling.
So, create iPhone skin for ScummVM and help Vinterstum. The whole process does not require coding or even compilation. Details are here.

Eugene
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Oh, and just in case ruudboy visits the thread again: I don't mean to be taking over anything, I'll gladly merge the ports together if you want to send me a patch.
Last edited by Vinterstum on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

Vinter,

We've long known that ScummVM has a dev team like no other, but the speed with which you've gotten this port into shape still astounds me. I do sincerely hope you continue to work on it. Best regards, Bob
ptothel

Post by ptothel »

Everybody seems to be able to run Monkey Island without any problems...

I have a iTouch 1.1.1. I copied my backup of MI1, which works fine on my PC, to my iTouch and chmod 777 everything from folder to files, but it just won't work.

It freezes without even showing the Lucas Arts splash screen... it just stays black.

I don't have any problem running MI2 though, beside the copy-protection screen.

Does anybody have any idea on what I might have done wrong ?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

ptothel wrote:Everybody seems to be able to run Monkey Island without any problems...

I have a iTouch 1.1.1. I copied my backup of MI1, which works fine on my PC, to my iTouch and chmod 777 everything from folder to files, but it just won't work.

It freezes without even showing the Lucas Arts splash screen... it just stays black.

I don't have any problem running MI2 though, beside the copy-protection screen.

Does anybody have any idea on what I might have done wrong ?
Curious, indeed! I'm running MI1, Loom, and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis without a glitch.

What version of MI1 are you running? Mine is EGA/DOS.

Where on the iTouch do you have the files stored? I'm on an iPhone, but ScummVM.app is in /Applications and the games are all in subfolders of /private/var/root/Media/ScummVM and the files/folders are all 755 permissions, owned by root.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

bobablob wrote:We've long known that ScummVM has a dev team like no other, but the speed with which you've gotten this port into shape still astounds me.
Well, the reason for this is that iPhone is something like 31st platform for ScummVM being ported to, so whole process is well debugged :)

Eugene

PS. I'm not underestimating Vinterstum's efforts here.
ptothel

Post by ptothel »

TomFrost wrote:Curious, indeed! I'm running MI1, Loom, and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis without a glitch.

Where on the iTouch do you have the files stored? I'm on an iPhone, but ScummVM.app is in /Applications and the games are all in subfolders of /private/var/root/Media/ScummVM and the files/folders are all 755 permissions, owned by root.
Mine is VGA/DOS... that might be it... I don't see any other reasons why it wouldn't work.

ScummVM.app is in /Applications, the games are in /private/var/ScummVM_Images/Monkey and in /private/var/ScummVM_Images/Monkey2. Everything is 777 permissions, owned by root.

I'll try to get myself an EGA version and see if that was really the problem or not. Thanks.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

I have CD/DOS/English, which is working great.

@Vinterstum: thanks so much for this port! I really like it a lot. This makes the iPod Touch so much better.
featurex

Post by featurex »

@ Vinterstum's

Anything new from adding scummvm to the installer?
rotane

Post by rotane »

TomFrost wrote:Curious, indeed! I'm running MI1, Loom, and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis without a glitch.

Well, all I can say is I'm running VGA/DOS (German) and it's working w/o a problem as well (iPhone 1.0.2 btw).

It didn't start at first though, so I set both Language and Platform to <default> - I suggest you try this!
ptothel

Post by ptothel »

rotane wrote: Well, all I can say is I'm running VGA/DOS (German) and it's working w/o a problem as well (iPhone 1.0.2 btw).

It didn't start at first though, so I set both Language and Platform to <default> - I suggest you try this!
Yup. That was it!

It's working fine now. Thanks!
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Congratulations, ptothel :)

I got curious what I was missing, with my old-school EGA versions of MI1 and Loom. So I got the CD versions of both and am completely spellbound. It's all I can do to stop myself from playing them until the iPhone version of ScummVM gets sound! This is gorgeous.

Cheers for your excellent work, Vinterstum!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

featurex wrote:@ Vinterstum's

Anything new from adding scummvm to the installer?
Not yet. Sent a PM to the guy on irc, but I think we're on very different timezones.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

TomFrost wrote: [*]VGA version of Loom (the one with the single 50+meg MP3 file) has no sound.
Warez discussions aren't allowed here. Buy the real thing, it works for sure.

Eugene