Have no mouth and I must scream support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sili

Have no mouth and I must scream support?

Post by Sili »

Hey all :)
I noticed about a month ago that you have "I have no mouth and i must scream support" in svn versions now, and was wondering if there was any ETA set for when it will be released to the public in a ppc binary? I was tickled pink to see the news as ive got a copy of the game in a box in our attic somewhere, but havent dug it out yet since I doubt it works with the ppc version?

does it already work with the ppc binary posted in the downloads section? I've been waiting about a month to post this but am now wondering if its already been incorperated and i'm waiting like a fool for something thats out already :)

I'd hate to dig through all those boxes of discs to find it, only to see it still doesnt work

Thanks for all the work you do, scummvm for PPC is EXCELLENT. Cant think of anything I'd rather do with my smartphone than play some old school adventure games.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

An SVN build is coming soon. I'd give it about a week :-)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Note that currently the SAGA engine updates the full frame for each cycle, which can lead to slowdowns on systems with little CPU power (i.e. mobiles). The solution is to use "dirty rectangles" like the rest of the engines do, but this is not a trivial change, a lot of changes are needed to several parts
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

my old copy of the game from the dos days works on my mac in dosbox but not in scummvm. i downloaded the 0.11 build but still to no avail. once again, i feel like i'm missing something.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I Have no Mouth is not supported in the 0.10.0 release of ScummVM, it was added in 0.11.0 SVN. Please, can you give more information as to what problem you're having? (version of the game, a listing of the game's files, language of the game, what steps you did and what failed)
Sadly, saying that "it doesn't work" is not very helpful at all
doc labyrinth

Post by doc labyrinth »

it is the dos version of the game, the files are as follows. MUSICFM.RES, S.EXE, SCREAM.PRF, SCREAM.RES, SCREAM.SAV, SCRIPTS.RES, SFX.RES, TDU-JAM!.NFO in dosbox i can isolate the S.EXE file to run the game, minus sound and music which i sorely miss. i downloaded the 0.11 snapshot for osx but still can't get the game to work, i get the old "scummvm can't find a game in specified directory" routine. hope i gave you enough info!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

doc labyrinth wrote:TDU-JAM!.NFO
Is this really from the original CD? Googling for it turns up references to the "TDU-Jam Pirating Group"...
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That is an illegally distributed version of the game, sorry but you won't get any help here