King Quest VII

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hube

King Quest VII

Post by hube »

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in this forum so i dunno if there's others discussions on this game...I would like to know if king quest 7 will be suported by scummVM in the future or if some1 knows a way to run it on linux (i've tried with wine with no result at all)
Thanks Everybody
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: King Quest VII

Post by eriktorbjorn »

hube wrote:I would like to know if king quest 7 will be suported by scummVM in the future
At the moment, that seems unlikely. ScummVM supports Sierra's AGI games, but not the more recent SCI games.
hube wrote:or if some1 knows a way to run it on linux (i've tried with wine with no result at all)
The FreeSCI project may support it eventually, but there's no telling if or when that will happen. The DOS version of the game might work with DOSbox but I haven't tried this myself.
hube

Re

Post by hube »

Thanks, it seems DosBox support it i'm gonna try and tell everybody
Collector

Post by Collector »

The DOS version runs very nicely in DOSBox, in fact it is the only way past the very nasty firecracker speed bug. The problem is that most versions of the game do not include the DOS interpretor. I have made a patch that upgrades some earlier versions to version 2, which comes with the DOS interpretor. It is included with my DOSBox upgrade patch for the new collection.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

is KQ7 actually SCI based? It has such a unique style that i figured it was either a new interpreter or at the very least a heavily modified sci.
rdp837

Post by rdp837 »

I got curious and looked at Wikipedia.
KQ7 is apparently SCI2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra%27s ... xxx.xxx.29)

I really ought to make more of an effort to play these games.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Also, see here.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

very appreciated. thats a really informative link.
Miz-Fortune

Post by Miz-Fortune »

KQ7 is a pain to get running in it's normal raw form, so far I have mine rigged from the disc files and paths locations blah blah I forget the details :D But really, it'd be sweet to have this game supported in SCUMMVM as it's a great game and really missing a chapter is a bit of an annoyance :D

It'd be like running Monkey Island 1 and 2 but not 3 (and yeah I know it's supported)
Collector

Post by Collector »

Miz-Fortune wrote:KQ7 is a pain to get running in it's normal raw form, so far I have mine rigged from the disc files and paths locations blah blah I forget the details :D But really, it'd be sweet to have this game supported in SCUMMVM as it's a great game and really missing a chapter is a bit of an annoyance :D
Easier than you think

http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... s.html#KQ7
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

necro threads wants your brains
Miz-Fortune

Post by Miz-Fortune »

Collector wrote:
Miz-Fortune wrote:KQ7 is a pain to get running in it's normal raw form, so far I have mine rigged from the disc files and paths locations blah blah I forget the details :D But really, it'd be sweet to have this game supported in SCUMMVM as it's a great game and really missing a chapter is a bit of an annoyance :D
Easier than you think

http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... s.html#KQ7
Really? Gotta try that, I hate DOSbox as it's a real freezer when running messenger :D Ah well, mayhaps SCUMM will support KQ7 in the future! Ta!
spk64

Post by spk64 »

Is the game supported with version 1.7.0?
I've installed DOS/Floppy/CD
with sierra Installers or without but nothing works.
Not on WinXP (Netbook) or on Win7 (DosBox, Workarounds)
I've merged any kind of installation with installed game or
installed it and merged with missing files from Floppy/CD.

Same situation with Police Quest IV!
I want to play the old days on my Tab3
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Neither King's Quest VII nor Police Quest IV are supported yet.
You can see the list of supported games at http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/.
spk64

Post by spk64 »

Oh okay, thank you for the list