scummvw.exe has performed an illegal operation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mateus

scummvw.exe has performed an illegal operation

Post by mateus »

I'm trying to run ScummVM 0.10.0 on a Windows CE 4.2 Pocket PC but I get the error "...scummvw.exe has performed an illegal operation..." when the program is launched.

I've tried the WindowsCE build & the SVN build but both give the same message.

I've search the forums but can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.
:)
mateus

Post by mateus »

Can no one help? Well it's ok as I've just got it working by downloading the GAPI pack from http://www.wincesoft.de. Seems I was missing some DLL's.

Now the only problem now is that ScummVM hides the Windows onscreen keyboard (or is there an option to show it somewhere?) So I can't get past the password screen on Monkey Island 2! :roll:
clem

Post by clem »

mateus wrote:Now the only problem now is that ScummVM hides the Windows onscreen keyboard (or is there an option to show it somewhere?) So I can't get past the password screen on Monkey Island 2! :roll:
a quick search turned up
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... t=keyboard
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... ght=monkey

(I don't have any WinCE device so I can't tell if that's what you're looking for)
mateus

Post by mateus »

Thanks for the info Clem. Unfortunately double clicking the bottom area of the screen does nothing & I don't know how to maps keys to buttons - I can't see any map keys option so I guess I need to edit the ini file. I'll check out the readme.

Cheers.

UPDATE: Just tried using 0.7 from the previous build list for Windows CE. It shows the keyboard in Monkey Island & there's an option to map keys (not there in 0.10?)
clem

Post by clem »

mateus wrote:Thanks for the info Clem. Unfortunately double clicking the bottom area of the screen does nothing
one of the posts talked about the top-most part of the screen, though?
mateus

Post by mateus »

clem wrote:one of the posts talked about the top-most part of the screen, though?
Oh yeah, d'oh! I'll try that...
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Read the README-WinCE.txt file Read the README-WinCE.txt file Read the README-WinCE.txt file Read the README-WinCE.txt file Read the README-WinCE.txt file

I think we ought to give some incentive here for the users to read through the documentation. Something like Donald Knuth has done f.ex. :)
mateus

Post by mateus »

Thanks guys, you must get quite exasperated with us noobs at times!

Clicking the top of the screen worked. I've used ScummVM on PC, Mac & N-Gage but this is the first time I've come across this feature. That'll teach me for not reading the readme more carefully.

Cheers.
:D
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

mateus wrote:That'll teach me for not reading the readme more carefully.
Please do read it, because we haven't got enough money to pay users who find errors either in the documentation or the code (at least mine, because all other scummvm developers do not write buggy code) :P