0.10.0 Official release - Feedback thread.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

0.10.0 Official release - Feedback thread.

Post by DJWillis »

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick note to draw people’s attention to the latest release of ScummVM (0.10.0) - In the unlightly event you live under a rock ;).

This includes the supported official release of the GP2X port.

You can find information about the release on the main ScummVM pages here including download links for the GP2X.

Additionally the compatibility lists and information for the GP2X port has been tidied up for this release and this information can be found on the ScummVM Wiki here.

Before any questions of compatibility with specific games are raised I would like to draw people’s attention to the following ScummVM Wiki page that outlines what criteria are used to decide if games are compatible with the port. I hope this should clear up any misunderstandings over what games are ‘supported’ on the port and the reasoning behind such decisions.

As always please leave feedback here. Any updates to the compatibility information are always appreciated as are patches and bug reports ;).
michu

little errors

Post by michu »

hey dj willis, great work with the gp2x port. i discovered some glitches when i was playing Flight of the Amazon Queen:

save game: i preddes the right shoulder button, selected an saveslot, enter some question marks and clicked write entry - game should be saved. after that i exit svummvm and powered off my gp2x - the enxt time i tried to load the latest save game, the entry was not the expected one, but an earlier game save.

load game: sometimes when i load a game, the game screen is black but the menu is visible. also when i move the mouse, items on the game screen get's highlighted. i pressed the right shoulder button to get into the menu - exited it again - the game screen was here this time but without john king.. so i entered another room - then the problem was gone.

another question, would it make sense to add some filter to the gp2x port? or do you think it useless because of the 1:1 resolution?

cheers
michu
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: little errors

Post by DJWillis »

Hi michu,
michu wrote:hey dj willis, great work with the gp2x port. i discovered some glitches when i was playing Flight of the Amazon Queen:

save game: i preddes the right shoulder button, selected an saveslot, enter some question marks and clicked write entry - game should be saved. after that i exit svummvm and powered off my gp2x - the enxt time i tried to load the latest save game, the entry was not the expected one, but an earlier game save.

load game: sometimes when i load a game, the game screen is black but the menu is visible. also when i move the mouse, items on the game screen get's highlighted. i pressed the right shoulder button to get into the menu - exited it again - the game screen was here this time but without john king.. so i entered another room - then the problem was gone.
Can't say I have seen that bug. You DID exit ScummVM before you powered off the GP2X rather then just power off?

As for the loading, I will have to look into that, looks like the screen is not being refreshed as it should.
michu wrote: another question, would it make sense to add some filter to the gp2x port? or do you think it useless because of the 1:1 resolution?

cheers
michu
Filter? As you mention the low res games are 1:1, there is nothing to filter. The higher res games that are down scaled are slow enough as it is with the crude hardware scaler, I have a software scaler that looks nicer but even with ASM tweaks it is still about 30-40% slower :(.
michu

Post by michu »

Can't say I have seen that bug. You DID exit ScummVM before you powered off the GP2X rather then just power off?

As for the loading, I will have to look into that, looks like the screen is not being refreshed as it should.
Yes for sure, this bug hit me twice, once i exit via the in-game menu, the other time i exit by using the key combo.
gwood1234

ScummVM ver10 Bug

Post by gwood1234 »

Hi,

Really happy with the new release but I've noticed that the cursor in Monkey Island 2 is corrupt..? It just appears as a mess of pixels.

Also, when you press A to manually skip over dialogue it goes crazy and the dialogue captions whizz through at warp speed!
Only way to settle it back is to bring up the menu and return to the game.

If these could be fixed however it would be a perfect emulator!

Many thanks

Regards
Gareth
hsinn3r

Re: ScummVM ver10 Bug

Post by hsinn3r »

gwood1234 wrote: Also, when you press A to manually skip over dialogue it goes crazy and the dialogue captions whizz through at warp speed!
Only way to settle it back is to bring up the menu and return to the game.
i get this kind of bug, too. i play "the dig", and most of the times the dialogs are lightning fast, like i have auto-fire on the skip button.

thx a lot m8 for the port, keep up the good work :D
emphyrio

Post by emphyrio »

Finally got around to trying this release,

Problem in Sam&max: no speech!
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

emphyrio wrote:Finally got around to trying this release,

Problem in Sam&max: no speech!
Missed your post, sorry about that.

Can you provide a little more info about the files your using for Sam and Max, have you tried copying them off your CD/Floppys again?

John