How can I disable the mouse

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kalelrojin

How can I disable the mouse

Post by kalelrojin »

I am running ScummVM v0.10.0. My device is a HTC TyTN II which uses WM6. I am trying to play a game that does not support a mouse interface, it is a text only interface game. I am trying to use the up/down/left/right keys to move my character around and these keys are moving the mouse instead of my character. Please help
kalelrojin

Unmapping almost worked

Post by kalelrojin »

I figured out something. I found that the up/down/left/right keyboard nav keys are mapped to the cursor (up moves the cursor up, etc) so I unmapped these. Now the up key moves my character to the right, down=left, right=down, left=up. How can I get these keys to do what they are supposed to? Please help.
kalelrojin

5 way nav works

Post by kalelrojin »

I figured out a solution. Thanks for all your posts! To use the keyboard, the device must be in landscape (320x240) mode, that is why the up/down/left/right keys are miss-configured. But since the device is rotated, the fixed 5 way nav pad is also rotated when you rotate the device. Hence, the up/down/left/right key board keys don’t work but the (rotated) 5 way nav pad works correctly and I can move my character correctly. Just an FYI.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: 5 way nav works

Post by PsYcO »

kalelrojin wrote:Thanks for all your posts!
um... in fareness you only gave us 30mins to answer
kalelrojin

Re: 5 way nav works

Post by kalelrojin »

PsYcO wrote:
kalelrojin wrote:Thanks for all your posts!
um... in fareness you only gave us 30mins to answer
It's called sarcasm. Can't you take a joke?
For all other HTC TyTN users out there. In order for the 5 way nav to work, you must first extend your keyboard before running scummvm. The initial UI will load in portrait mode, (keep the keyboard extended) load your game, then during game play, use the ScummVM toolbar button to rotate your screen (its the thing to the right of the white square with the "Q" in it)