.BUN Compression assistance needed

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Prodigal

.BUN Compression assistance needed

Post by Prodigal »

Hey all, Ive been putting all my classic lucasarts adventure games on my PSP, but wouldnt you know it ... the DIG has alot of content. I downloaded all the tools that are supposed to be necessary for the job of compressing certain files. Now Im in a bit of a Jam. I have no knowledge of how to get these tools working.Ive tried stringing extra commands to the target line by creating a shortcut, but to no avail. I click on the application 'compress_scumm_bun', a command prompt then opens and closes very quickly. No luck. Somehow I know I have to input the file i need to have compressed, but I dont know where to input it. I have tried looking around this forum for an answer to this ... but everyone seems to feel its to easy for an explanation. Which im sure it should be .... so I have to ask .... is there something wrong here?
clem

Post by clem »

they're command line utilities - open a command prompt, go to the folder where the tools are installed, then try them there - will also give you the help

for mp3 compression you also need the lame encoder exe in either the path or the same directory
Prodigal

Post by Prodigal »

Ok, I open the command prompt. Ive Opened the Compress_scumm_bun file from there, it basically tells me to make something similair to this: C:\blah\scummvm\tools\compres~4.exe <inputfile> <inputdir> <outputdir>
Ive tried putting in a whole lot of different combonations to get it to work
such as: C:\blah\scummvm\tools\compres~4.exe <digmusic.bun> <c:> <c:>
C:\blah\scummvm\tools\compres~4.exe <C:\digmusic.bun> <C:> <C:\blah>
C:\blah\scummvm\tools\compres~4.exe <C:> <C:> <C:\blah>

Ive even got rid of the <> things, to no avail. Im obviously in over my head, if someone could just give me an example of what to type exactly in the command prompt to get this thing to work, I would be glad to worship them as my new god. I am very appologetic of my inconvenience, I keep feeling like the answer to my question is so much more obvious than im making it out to be.
clem

Post by clem »

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=615 might be helpful

for the parameters: no <> brackets!

say you put the uncompressed files into C:\uncompressed and want the compressed files in C:\compressed

you'd run:

compress_scumm_bun digmusic.bun C:\uncompressed C:\compressed

hope that helps,
clem

btw with ScummVM & compressing becoming that mainstream it'd almost make sense for somebody to make some cute windows wizard to do that :-)