pstwo hdd support

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hanshans

pstwo hdd support

Post by hanshans »

Hello,

I Have a PS2 slim, with HDcombo and Scumm doesn't show my hdd.

Is it possible, that scummvm is compiled without the ps2_slim_hdd patched ps2sdk?

Code: Select all

If you are a developer, then this information is intended for you, but please note that the PS2SDK source patches in the subfolder "Source\Changed source for external projects\ps2sdk" already include this patch, in the file "iop\hdd\apa\src\misc.c", so there is no need for you to edit this patch yourself. It is presented here merely to show how simple this change is, that will make HDD software compatible to the new PStwo models.

The following text is quoted from a post by 'lonwern' at PS2-Scene:

----- Start of post quote -----

(ps2sdksrc\iop\hdd\apa\src\misc.c)

original:

int getIlinkID(u8 *idbuf)

{

int err=0;

memset(idbuf, 0, 32);

if(CdReadIlinkID(idbuf, &err))

if(err==0)

return 0;

dprintf1("ps2hdd: Error: cannot get ilink id\n");

return -EIO;

}

changed:

int getIlinkID(u8 *idbuf)

{

int err=0;

memset(idbuf, 0, 32);

CdReadIlinkID(idbuf, &err)

return 0;

}

----- End of post quote -----

The above shows that the patch only affects a single function of ps2hdd.irx, as defined in the source file "ps2sdksrc/iop/hdd/apa/src/misc.c". By patching that file as described, and then recompiling PS2SDK, all programs compiled thereafter will use the new ps2hdd.irx driver, thus gaining compatibility with the 'slim' PStwo models that didn't work with the old driver.

NB: For v3.51 of uLaunchELF a different method was used, since we were not sure at that time if the new driver had any drawbacks for the old PS2 models. For that reason two different driver modules were used, so as to preserve all old capabilities. That is not really necessary, and if you did patch your PS2SDK setup that way, you now need to redo that patching, simply by using our prepatched "misc.c" file.

With the new methods only one ps2hdd irx driver is needed, and likewise only one set of uLaunchELF ELF files, for use on any PS2 or PStwo model.

Best regards: Ronald Andersson (AKA: dlanor)

I have created the Scummvm partition with Ulaunch 4.12 and copied all ScummVM files and the folders with the games to that partion.

I can start scumm from hdd, but the Hdd won't show up in the "add game" dialog.

Thank you
hanshans