multi-monitor: how to choose fullscreen display?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

crazy_achmed

multi-monitor: how to choose fullscreen display?

Post by crazy_achmed »

Hi,
i have a dual-head graphic card and i use two tft-displays on it. (i use WinXP)
The primary display is a 17''-TFT and the secondary is a 15''-TFT.
My problem is that if i use the fullscreen-mode with scummvm it uses the primary monitor as default, wich is too large for nearly all games.
Is there a way to choose wich monitor is used for fullscreen mode?
Maybe a setting in the scummvm.ini?
I use a nvidia graphic card, so is there maybe a way to set a special profile for scummvm.exe wich let my card (or the os) send this application to the secondary display or somthing like this?
Last edited by crazy_achmed on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

I am not sure... but I guess that's an SDL related question, not a scummvm specific thing.
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

hmm, the thing is that i use winxp so i did not had to install and configure SDL on my system because it was allready included. it is just a *.dll i think, without anything to configure.
I thougth my craphic card drivers or utilities have some settings for SDL but i could not find anything.
There should be an option to start SDL directly on the secondary display.
Maybe anyone knows where i can send my question at, maybe i should re-post this question in a Nvidia-board or in a WinXP board or in a SDL-board?
At wich topic could this problem related to?
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

I'm pretty sure, there is no open source software (which SDL is) comming with Windows.

And you didn't install SDL because there is no need to do so. You have just that dll in your ScummVM directory (and maybe along with other software using it), that's all.

Take a look here: http://www.libsdl.org/index.php
Any suggestions about SDL should be ask there, I'd say.
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

yes, you are right i forgot that this dll came with scummvm. i just remembered that i did not install it manualy and that there was "these" dll.
i will have a look at these site now, maybe it helps.
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

i unfortunately did not got any answers till yet (at these SDL-newsgroup).
Are not there any multi-monitor users at this forum?
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

I'm not sure whether SDL supports Multi-Monitoring or whether it just uses the primary device for window-creation and graphics.
If it supports it, the ScummVM had to program this feature of SDL in, so you could use it. I don't think that this is the case or that this is a high-priority. ;)

Maybe there are Windows(tm) tools, which temporarily "swap" monitors or which allow to specify which screen to use, like 3DCC could for choosing the primary renderer or "anothertool" could for choosing on which core of a dual-core-cpu the process is to be run. I'm not sure.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

At least the dev who will develop it has to have a means for testing the feature. So chances of getting it implemented by the Team are sneaky. Of course, if there would be a patch to apply, that will be much easier.

Eugene
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

I've got 3 screens, so I could do. :wink:
But I'm pretty sure that this would result in changing the SDL-code first. :?