2xSai working first time, not second?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PotajiTo

2xSai working first time, not second?

Post by PotajiTo »

Hi, first I want to say thanks do the devs of scummvm specially the pocket pc ones, I just love it :P
Enough of that :P
My problem is that 2xsai isn't working, not any of the other options, the odd thing is that it worked the first time (quite well, not a single slow down), I closed scummvm reopened again and I cant play the game that played with 2xsai, It crash to desktop, I can only play in original (too small) and 2x.
This is in an hx4700.
PS: Have you tried Simon 1 with this hardware? Playing it without reescale runs ok, but with 2x is just too slow. Can O do something, or just wait for a new scummvm version?
Thanks!
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Re: 2xSai working first time, not second?

Post by knakos »

PotajiTo wrote: My problem is that 2xsai isn't working, not any of the other options, the odd thing is that it worked the first time (quite well, not a single slow down), I closed scummvm reopened again and I cant play the game that played with 2xsai, It crash to desktop, I can only play in original (too small) and 2x.
Sounds like a bug, please use the bug tracker and also include which game you're trying to start.
PotajiTo wrote: PS: Have you tried Simon 1 with this hardware? Playing it without reescale runs ok, but with 2x is just too slow. Can O do something, or just wait for a new scummvm version?
Noted. You can try lowering the sound thread priority: Locate the [simon1] section in scummvm.ini and enter the following line (instructions also in Readme-WinCE.txt):

Code: Select all

sound_thread_priority=0
This should result in faster gfx but perhaps choppy sound.
PotajiTo

Post by PotajiTo »

Must be a bug, I couldn't play any scumm game (tried Indy 3,4 and the dig) then I installed again simon 1 to try the ini thing (btw, no difference at all, but thanks) and it worked with 2x and 2xsai, then I tried the scumm games with 2xsai and they are working. Weird thing.
PotajiTo

Post by PotajiTo »

Ok, I now know why it happened, it happens if you soft reset the ppc while on scummvm. I had to, cos I was stuck in a fight in FT that I couldn't win and the icon to bring up the menu wasn't working (feature or bug? Other icons like stop music worked). To solve it I had to enter simon (or any other non scumm game, it works too with BOSS) in 2xsal mode.
BTW: I changed the theme to "classic" and it worked, now i want to use "modern" again, but when I do it scummvm crash and remains classic once started again.
Should I report anything of the above?
Thanks
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Noone can guarantee what happens if you soft-reset out of the game. To properly exit from the situation you describe in FT, you can bind and use the 'Multi-function' key (consult the port's readme). Also to properly exit from any game at any time, bind and use the 'quit' action (also consult the readme).

The classic<->modern theme might be a bug, perhaps you can file abug report so I don't forget to check it out.

K.