Adding own MD5

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maniac

Adding own MD5

Post by Maniac »

Hi,

I got yesterday my Indy 4 CD and applied the translation patch for german subtitles.
I already read how to alter the scummvm.ini, but I decided to compile my own version of ScummVM which has this md5 integrated.

Because of this I used a tool to calculate the new md5 and I added it to scumm-md5.txt
Afterwards I used the md5table tool to convert it to a new scummvm-md5.h

I copied the new scummvm-md5.h into tho scumm directory and compiled a new ScummVM.

But this new ScummVM still won't recognize my patched Indy 4.

What I have to do in addition to the new scummvm-md5.h?

Thanks for your help

Maniac
clem

Post by clem »

scummvm only uses the first megabyte or so for MD5 calculation, your tool probably calculated it from the full file

I guess if you run scummvm it shows you an MD5 which you're supposed to send to the devs for inclusion - maybe if you add this one it'll work

clem
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

I just tested it, ScummVM shows me the same MD5 which I've calculated witeh the tool.

Edit: I just saw that the launcher don't recognize the game, but if I add the original version and edit the scummvm.ini that the game directory points to the patched version. The downloaded ScummVM shows me the unknoen MD5 an my self compiled ScummVM plays the game without any warning.

I think only the launcher don't know shich game to add.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

I solved my problem, the tool I used shows MD% with uppercase letters, but ScummVM only works with lowercase letters.