ScummVM not running on my Tungsten T5

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

_Maxi

ScummVM not running on my Tungsten T5

Post by _Maxi »

I Installed the last version of ScummVM. For palm os, not Zodiac.

I did everything as it's supossed to. But when I run Monkey Island II, it says: "Cannot import engine file ! Please check that all required files are installed on your card, and you have enough free storage memory."

I have 100 free mb on my MMC card and on my internal memory aswell. So I don't know what could be the problem. I tried installing the games on my mmc card, in the correct directory, and the same with the internal card, but I get the same error. I put the engine files on /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Mods ...

So.. I don't have an idea of what can be the problem, do you ?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

make sure your card is selected within the scummvm launcher. You can do this by tapping the memory card shaped icon in the top right hand corner and highlighting the name of your card (im not sure if this is still an issue but in the past it was set to "BUILTIN" by default)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: ScummVM not running on my Tungsten T5

Post by PsYcO »

_Maxi wrote:I tried installing the games on my mmc card, in the correct directory, and the same with the internal card, but I get the same error.
i hate it when people say that, you don't need to install it, just copy the CD contents onto your mmc card. and if you did im sorry, just technically you don't really need to install it.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Im sorry PsYcO i think you misunderstand the issue and question, the problem is most likeley related to scummvm not being able to find the proper path to the data files due to the wrong card being selected.

Also in certain cases you do need to install the games first, just not directly to a memory card. Most floppy versions require installation as the datafiles often come compressed and split appart. Even certain CD based games require an actual installation to work properly, the feeble files for example stores certain files you within a .cab file that is unpacked during installation (not really applicable here as it isnt supported on palmOS)
_Maxi

Post by _Maxi »

PsYcO, what I meant saying "installed" was that I copied the files as it must be done. It's ok =)

Mmmm, yes, I also forgot to say that I selected the three opcions: the default, my mmc car, and my internal card in the options. But I get the same error.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmmm... what do you have in your add game dialog?
IE:
-Entry name:
-path:
-game:
-engine:
_Maxi

Post by _Maxi »

-Entry name: Monkey Island II
-path: /Monkey2
-game: Monkey2
-engine: Scumm games

I think i did it right.

Could it be that I havent got the very last version of palm os?

My version is from october 2004, and there has been another release of palm os after.
Runesr

Post by Runesr »

I also have a Tungsten T5 and Monkey Island 2 is working perfectly (until vertical scrolling happens, but that is another issue). I use ScummVM 0.10.0 for the frontend (without the skin) and 0.9.1 for the mods, since there may be problems getting the mods in 0.10.0 to work properly.