ScummVM over host (ps2link)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Croc

ScummVM over host (ps2link)

Post by Croc »

Hi!

I've tried to run scummvm in my pstwo with ps2link. I used the ps2client in my PC to run SCUMMVM.ELF through host:
First I tried 0.7.0 version. I read it would read scummvm.ini from host: too but it doesn't work. Scummvm starts (i suppose it loads some irx) but it doesn't run any game.
I've tried with host:/monkey1 (with the game actually in that place in my PC), cdfs:\monkey1\ (with my original PC cd inserted in my ps2), and it doesn't work at all. it shows a screen with the buttons (R2=keyboard, etc) then i press X or Start and it goes blank.
I think it doesn't load correctly the scummvm.ini from host: but i couldn't tell.

In my frustration i came here and i saw the new scummvm 0.8.0 rc3 release. But it seems only works loaded from CD or HDD.

Hope somebody can guide me.
Thank you in advance!
(PD: Sorry for my English xD)
Croc

Post by Croc »

Well, i finally made it. It was all related with filenames and uppercase. When loading from host, IRX must be uppercase but scummvm.ini must be lowercase.

I've tried MI1 from host and CD and it works great, but i can't get the music. Sound effects like opening/closing doors are playing, but music like the intro theme is missing.
I have the CD original version of the game and the music is in separate tracks. How can I make it works?
Once I extracted all tracks and converted them into OGG for the GP32 port and the worked. Could I use them?

I'm still wondering why the new 0.8.0 version doesn't support host: interface and old 0.7.0 does.

(Sorry for my English).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Croc wrote:I'm still wondering why the new 0.8.0 version doesn't support host: interface and old 0.7.0 does.
There is a main difference between them. 0.7.0 was unofficial build made by some 3rd party, and 0.8.0 was started from the scratch by our LawosSpawn.

If you want to see something implemented, it's always the best to submit a feature request, not posting to the forum.

Eugene
Croc

Post by Croc »

sev wrote:There is a main difference between them. 0.7.0 was unofficial build made by some 3rd party, and 0.8.0 was started from the scratch by our LawosSpawn.

If you want to see something implemented, it's always the best to submit a feature request, not posting to the forum.
I didn't know 0.7.0 wasn't official. I thought that feature was removed for some reason and i couldn't do anything about it.
Thanks for the tip, I will submit a feature request.

Greetings.