Maniac Mansion NES Spanish Support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

PsYcO wrote:forum rule 0?:P
No way. Using dump of your own cartridge is perfectly legal. That's exactly what I am going to do if I'll get this Spanish MM NES cart.

Eugene
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

sev wrote:
PsYcO wrote:forum rule 0?:P
No way. Using dump of your own cartridge is perfectly legal. That's exactly what I am going to do if I'll get this Spanish MM NES cart.

Eugene
no but he said he copied and traded it, i assumed as he didn't by kurby that it was a rule 0 violation, or am i misreading something?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

PsYcO wrote:no but he said he copied and traded it, i assumed as he didn't by kurby that it was a rule 0 violation, or am i misreading something?
In first edition of his post he clearly writes: "(he returned the cartridge to me afterwards)". So he still owns the cart and has the dump of it which he apparently uses in some kind of emulator. All is clear to me. Anyway, we are going off-topic.

Eugene
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

I've bought the item today. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Remember, this forum thread is about buying Maniac Mansion NES Spanish and donating it to the ScummVM developer team.)
Sev, I'm going to contact you for your current shipping address when the item arrives at my place.
The Madventurer wrote:It's weird than a person from Germany buys it, instead someone from Spain.
Well, I like Maniac Mansion and like ScummVM, so that's my motivation. Beside, I also like Spain. :wink:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

On behalf of the ScummVM team, I'm thanking ssdsa for buying MM NES Spanish :D
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Yes, Thank you very much :)
I for one cant wait to see this supported, and would love
to see the code required, i'll keep checking subversion
Now all thats required is for the prototype copy to be generously donated to the scummvm team and then lucasarts
to freeware all the maniac mansion rights :)
Failing that it could just be donated for the developers
for historical purposes, Im almost certain that the ScummVM
team could open a Lucasarts museum and live off the profits.
:D
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

sanguinehearts wrote:Yes, Thank you very much :)
I for one cant wait to see this supported, and would love
to see the code required, i'll keep checking subversion
Now all thats required is for the prototype copy to be generously donated to the scummvm team and then lucasarts
to freeware all the maniac mansion rights :)
Failing that it could just be donated for the developers
for historical purposes, Im almost certain that the ScummVM
team could open a Lucasarts museum and live off the profits.
:D
Keep dreaming. Lucas Arts company hates their adventure gaming past, they delete it from their website. Remember their lawyers were attacking them and even trying to buy ScummVM for their own purposes.

I hope they change their way of thinking in the future, because more companies are helping to ScummVM Team to support their adventure games and it can be a good marketing effort if wanting to back to make adventure games. Adventure games are slowly increasing sales and releases, thanks mainly to systems like Nintendo DS and japanese companies.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The Madventurer wrote: Keep dreaming. Lucas Arts company hates their adventure gaming past, they delete it from their website.
Whether or not they hate it is probably open to debate, but it does seem like this is the closest you'll come to Monkey Island if you search their store nowadays...
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

ssdsa wrote:I've bought the item today. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Remember, this forum thread is about buying Maniac Mansion NES Spanish and donating it to the ScummVM developer team.)
Sev, I'm going to contact you for your current shipping address when the item arrives at my place.
Today the item arrived at my place. Sev, please tell me your shipping address so I can send the item to you.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

The Madventurer wrote:Keep dreaming. Lucas Arts company hates their adventure gaming past
i heard them talking about it, they said they would make more if they could come up with something original
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

PsYcO wrote:
The Madventurer wrote:Keep dreaming. Lucas Arts company hates their adventure gaming past
i heard them talking about it, they said they would make more if they could come up with something original
Impossible, 99% of their new games are about Star Wars. The other are old sagas and spin offs.

(edited, I writed by accident adventure games insead new games)
Last edited by timofonic on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

like, i don't meen i was spying on them or anything:-/ but i found an interview, it was about there new jones game, but at the end the guy asks him about there adventure games, ill look for it but no promise's
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

http://www.g4tv.com/pile_player.aspx?video_key=11326

its a sucky site... but its better than nothing

EDIT: came across this in my search, roflmao http://www.majusarts.de/film/monkey/ENG/monkey_eng.html
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Someone really ought to warn that guy not to be too proud of the technological terror he's constructed. He honks on about next-gen graphics and next-gen gameplay, apparently defined by in how many ways things will break when you hit them. What I would really like to know is if they've managed to achieve even previous-gen storytelling, or if it'll be just like Grumpy Gamer #5.
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

ssdsa wrote:
ssdsa wrote:I've bought the item today. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Remember, this forum thread is about buying Maniac Mansion NES Spanish and donating it to the ScummVM developer team.)
Today the item arrived at my place. Sev, please tell me your shipping address so I can send the item to you.
I sent the item to Sev today. Sev, please send me a note when you receive the package.

I'm glad that I can contribute to ScummVM by donating Maniac Mansion NES Spanish to the ScummVM developer team. This donation cost me about 35 EUR or approx. US$ 50. I suppose that most of the forum members appreciate that.

It's strange that a few forum members diluted this dedicated forum thread with off-topic comments. Therefore I'd like to remind them of [the spirit of] forum rules #3 and #10. (Yes, there are in fact more rules than just rule #0.)