Unable to Save v0.10.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kiyyik

Unable to Save v0.10.0

Post by kiyyik »

Hello. I just got the latest version for my Treo 680. I have managed to install it, and copy LOOM & Monkey Island 2 over to it. They both run successfully, but neither of them will save. Regardless of whether I enter a name or not, I always get the "Failed..." dialog.

I have gone into the options:paths and hardcoded the save path to /PALM/PROGRAMS/ScummVM/Games/, which does exist and has the games themselves in their own subdirs. I can't figure out what's going wrong. I checked the FAQ and the readmes, no luck. Anyone have any guidance? Does the fact that I'm installing it to the memory card have anything to do with it?

Kelly
kiyyik

Post by kiyyik »

Hi, me again. OK, found the problem. I had the skin.pdb installed on the SD card along with the front-end. For some reason it just didn't like that at all.

Suggestion: could the README.PALMOS file be changed in the next release to note that skin.pdb should be copied to the internal memory only? I've checked and it's not covered in there currently. That's what I used to install the app, and it would have been nice to have the info right there.

Anyway, no harm no foul, so to speak. Other than that it's going great guns.

K