Maniac Mansion NES

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vorph

Maniac Mansion NES

Post by Vorph »

Hello,

I was playing around with scummvm today, and I noticed that the Maniac Mansion NES Version crashes almost initially. Sometimes I can get a glimpse of that tree in the opening scene.

Version used is 0.9.0 CVS 21.11.2005

Kind regards
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

It is known recent regression. Use 0.8.0.

Eugene
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

Ok, good... I think I'll keep the 0.7.1 release around on my XBOX until this gets fixed. This the my fav version of the game, mostly cuz I like the music.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

AmyGrrl wrote:Ok, good... I think I'll keep the 0.7.1 release around on my XBOX until this gets fixed. This the my fav version of the game, mostly cuz I like the music.
MM NES isn't supported by ScummVM 0.7.1.

Eugene
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

Your right, I must of been using one of the PC CVS builds I tried where it was working. I thought I played it on the pervious unoffical XBOX port.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Maniac Mansion NES

Post by sev »

See here:
Vorph wrote:Version used is 0.9.0 CVS 21.11.2005
sev wrote:Use 0.8.0
AmyGrrl wrote:I'll keep the 0.7.1 release
I.e. MM NES support appeared in 0.8.0 and we unintentionally broke it since then in 0.9.0CVS. 0.7.1 knows nothing about it.

So if that XBox build you use was built out of 0.8.0 source, you should be able to play the game without a problem.

Eugene
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

hmm... I think he broke it with the port somehow... I have the installed the 0.8.0 release on my PC and it runs just fine.... on the xbox it just reboots the xbox when I try to launch it, no biggie really... I can just load my NES Emulator and play it that way if I need be... I wish you guys would add support for the Turbo Grafx 16 CD version of Loom, I still have my orginal cd sitting right here... I'm sure David Micheal, the auther of Magic Engine would help you add support for this one game...
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl »

I figured out the problem... I was using extract_mm_nes.exe from the 0.7.1 tools..... so I used the newest extract_mm_nes.exe that comes with the 0.9.0 CVS build... and ran it, after stripping out the first 16 bytes... and the outputted files work fine now... my xbox doesn't reboot anymore... yeah!