ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

This is a beta release, therefore there are not full instructions.

This is designed for those who already know how to use ScummVM DS.

Full instructions for the older version 0.9.1a are provided on the ScummVM website at http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com and these are largely the same for this beta version. Please note the table of which games are supported on which build. Some of these have changed from previous versions.

Please post any bugs you find with this beta in this thread.

If a week goes past without too many problems, I will release this as a final 0.10.0. If there are major problems, I'll release a 0.10.0 beta2.

Changes in This Version
-----------------------

- New engines supported: AGI, CINE, and SAGA.
- Option to show the mouse cursor
- Word completion on keyboard for AGI games
- Plenty of optimisations

[Download removed. Use beta2 instead: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4209 ]

Supported Games
---------------

Build A:
All Lucasarts games from Manic Mansion to Sam & Max Hit the Road

Build B:
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:
Simon the Sorcerer 1/2

Build D:
Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars

Build E:
Inherit the Earth

Build F:
The Legend of Kyrandia
Last edited by agentq on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Ah nuts!

This new release couldn't come at a worse time.

It's my wife's birthday today and now I'm going to have to choose to ignore her all day.

Thanks for turning me into a social leper. :lol:

Anyway, does this support the VGA versions and does it still require the audio to be trimmed down to 4 bit mono?

Congrats dude!

Champagne and fireworks for you tonight! :D
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Okay, first bug report.

The start button no longer works for me.

Nothing different has changed. I'm using the latest 1.10 firmware for my R4 which worked perfectly before this.

I've only tested the A and D versions but both of them won't let me go into the start menu. I first DLDI patched the files (which I believe is no longer needed with the 1.10 firmware and then I tried again without patching)

Maybe someone else here can prove me wrong but something is definitely different from the last release.

EDIT:
I get the same start up logging...
DLDI Device:
'R4(DS) - Revolution for DS'
DLDI Driver Initialised OK!
Using configuration file: scummvm.ini

Not sure what else to post to help problem solve this feature unless you remapped the keys somehow in this latest release and didn't mention it.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sorry about that, how did I miss something so blindingly obvious? Try downloading it again, I've fixed the bug and replaced the file with the new one. Didn't have time to check all the builds though.

So it looks like you get to miss your wife's birthday after all...
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks.

Hey, a word of advice. Next time don't release such a crap filled, dust farting cornball of turd for a beta release that doesn't even feature a start button and you won't cause unnecessary weirdness for people like me. :lol:

Anyway, I've now got the newest Scumm release, a keg of a beer and a snorkle. Don't expect to see me post anything new for the next 3 days unless you would like to see how I type using my feet.

Thanks again dude. You rock!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sorry, but you should probably download again, I only rebuilt the A version. Didn't expect you to be so fast!

;-)
dourden

Post by dourden »

This version works with my supercard lite using DLDI :)

Great!!!!
Ingaro

Post by Ingaro »

Hi Dourden,

Which DLDI are you using? Are you using the latest firmware (v1.81) with your Supercard Lite? I've yet to get my Supercard Lite working properly with previous versions of Scummvm.

Thanks

Great to see this new release so soon agentq. I'll definately be checking this out tonight with fingers crossed. Every DLDI I've tried so far has shown a 'Fail' when I've used the DLDI Tester. Hopefully this new version of Scummvm will sort that out.

Thanks
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I'm sure I've said this many times, but ScummVM is not going to sort out DLDI issues. I can't magic a working driver from a broken one. If you have a broken one, there's nothing I can do about it. This release certainly won't make any difference.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

In case you didn't know agentq - with the latest firmware (v1.10) out us R4DS users no longer need to manually DLDI-patch anything anymore! 8)

Oh, and when you state "All LucasArts games" does that suddenly now include COMI, FT and The Dig? :P;)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Nope, I shall have have to change my intro text. The Lucasarts games that run are the same ones that ran in 0.9.1a.

COMI will never ever ever run on the DS. Ever.

If FT and The Dig ever work, they will require an expansion RAM pack.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Heh, I see. How about supporting just the demos though? They're smaller in size.
clem

Post by clem »

marzipan wrote:Heh, I see. How about supporting just the demos though? They're smaller in size.
my guess is that e.g. a video player will need the same amount of ram and doesn't care whether it's a demo video or a cutscene from the full game (similarly, a 640x480 game will need a screenbuffer over 4 times as large as a 320x200 game and not differentiate between demo and full either)
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Interesting. COMI and Dig demos can run okay without the videos however.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Oh yeah, I just remembered to ask - will it be possible to sort out the Zak FM-Towns inventory problem? From what I've worked out, the non-zoomed screen doesn't show all the inventory slots at the bottom (the rest are revealed through the zoom function, usually after switching screens). This makes it particularly difficult to scroll down when needed to, and select most items.