scummvm 0.X.0 and slide out keyboard for a verizon xv6700

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

degeiso

scummvm 0.X.0 and slide out keyboard for a verizon xv6700

Post by degeiso »

I have the verizon xv6700 with slideout landscape keyboard. no dice on just using the keyboard. or the onscreen keyboard. can only use pred text, 123, and abc. :( would love to just type with my keyboard, the old sarien used to work with a slide out keyboard......

let me edit, seems to be just in the sierra games ie. black cauldron ect. anyone know why this is happening, is it a known issue with agi (sarien) games??
futaris

Post by futaris »

It shouldn't be a known issue with AGI games. I happily can use my Stowaway XT IR keyboard on my XDA Mini. Does the keyboard work fine in other engines? Also, if the predictive input screen is up, you can't use any other keys besides D-pad, enter and number keys.
degeiso

Post by degeiso »

maybe its me then how do i activate input with just the keyboard? i cant just start typing on the keyboard, nothing comes up.... and say i bind the on screen keyboard to my spacebar on my slide out keyboard, then id push the spacebar to get the on screen board to come up and even tapping with the stylus, i get no input. wierd, i guess im lost......

and yes seems to work ok in other engines, allthough ive only started playing "The Dig" and you really only need the stylus there, not rerally any typing.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Yeah, keyboard should work right off the bat - no "activation" required - if it doesn't it has to be some keyboard driver weirdness. So, enable diagnostic output (debuglevel=1, see the readme-wince.txt file), start scummvm hit some keys on the keyboard (remember which ones you press), quit and attach the two scummvm_std[out|err].txt files to a bug report.