Simon the Sorcerer Help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ifthenelse

Simon the Sorcerer Help

Post by Ifthenelse »

Although this probably has been asked MANY times, I have trouble when I try to save in Simon the Sorcerer, the talking version. I go to the postcard, click save, enter name, but then I get an error. Please help, because it is sort of rough going through an adventure game without saving when you've never played it before.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon the Sorcerer Help

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ifthenelse wrote:Although this probably has been asked MANY times, I have trouble when I try to save in Simon the Sorcerer, the talking version. I go to the postcard, click save, enter name, but then I get an error. Please help, because it is sort of rough going through an adventure game without saving when you've never played it before.
Have you checked that ScummVM's "Save Path" setting is pointing to a writeable folder? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause it to fail. (Well, short of a full hard disk, and that seems much less likely.)
Ifthenelse

Post by Ifthenelse »

Thanks, that was exactly it. Odd though, because it was always set on default, but I just had to change it to the default using the file tree. Doesn't make sense but it works, thanks.