BASS: Intro plays but that is all

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Fing

BASS: Intro plays but that is all

Post by Fing »

Just installed ScummVM (latest version) and BASS including SKY.CPT. Can run ScummVM and add BASS as a game. When playing it gets through the intro sequence but then app closes. I think I can spot a small floppy disc icon just before it shuts down. If I press Esc during the intro sequence, the error message is:
ERROR: Unable to find reset data for Beanath a Steel Sky Version 0.0368.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: BASS: Intro plays but that is all

Post by Raziel »

Fing wrote:Just installed ScummVM (latest version) and BASS including SKY.CPT. Can run ScummVM and add BASS as a game. When playing it gets through the intro sequence but then app closes. I think I can spot a small floppy disc icon just before it shuts down. If I press Esc during the intro sequence, the error message is:
ERROR: Unable to find reset data for Beanath a Steel Sky Version 0.0368.
Try running the game with option -d 9 and see what you get
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Your CPT file is most probably broken.
Please download it again from www.scummvm.org and tell us if it makes any difference...

Or maybe the game data files are corrupted, but I'd rather assume that it's due to the cpt file.

You didn't tell us anything about your system either.
Are you using windows/linux/mac? did you compile scummvm yourself or did you download a binary? Are you using the CVS or the release version?
Rhodine

Post by Rhodine »

Your CPT file is most probably broken.
Please download it again from www.scummvm.org and tell us if it makes any difference...

Or maybe the game data files are corrupted, but I'd rather assume that it's due to the cpt file.

You didn't tell us anything about your system either.
Are you using windows/linux/mac? did you compile scummvm yourself or did you download a binary? Are you using the CVS or the release version?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear lavosspawn,

I am facing the same problem as Fing and it is as you said, its the CPT file, however i am facing problems downloading the file, sometimes its downloading only half of it, other times only 1/3 of it.
could you please help out.

thanks..
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You may get it also here. This is even recommended location.

Eugene
Fing

Post by Fing »

Thanks, that was the problem. A new sky.cpt did the trick.