0.10.0 Pre-release SVN build (28 May 07)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knakos
ScummVM Porter

0.10.0 Pre-release SVN build (28 May 07)

Post by knakos »

In keeping with the pre-release testing period announced, this is the latest svn build. We urge all users to give it a go and submit as many bug reports as possible ( 8) ) either engine or port specific.

A few port-specific things that got fixed between the previous svn build and this one include improved keyboard support, also re-adding support for legacy display configurations and more experimenting with the stylus compensation in flip-screen or pull-keyboard devices.
Last edited by knakos on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Hi Knakos,

I am impressed with the performance boost of the latest svn build. I tested it a little bit and now I do not need a special build for Gapi any more (for a VGA PPC). Good work!
The only problems that I find where only the keyboard mappings for the GOB engine and for Bargon Attack (there is no F1 key to start the game :-) ).

Regards
Adi
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hi Adi,

Can you please open up a feature request for wince bargon F1 key addition so I won't forget before release?

K.
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Hi Knakos,

I have updated the bug 1674683 with the information for Bargon Attack.

Regards
Adi
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Maybe it would also be very nice to add the other function keys up to F10 because, as I mentioned earlier, some AGI games need those keys (especially F4, F6, F8 and F10; maybe F3 key wouldn't be bad to add, so rephrasing gets a lot easier on the Pocket PC.)

Maybe not all F-keys have to be added, just the special keys. In AGI games, the F1-F10 keys are used as such:

F1 = Help
F2 = Sound on/off
F3 = retype last line
F4 = special key
F5 = save game
F6 = special key
F7 = restore game
F8 = special key
F9 = restart game
F10 = special key

The bold-written F-keys are essential to finish some AGI games e.g. LSL1, PQ1, ...
I submitted a bug report of this already.
NLS

Post by NLS »

unfortunately since these are way too many to umplement in hardware for some PocketPC devices (if not most), there should probably be an option for a different on-screen keyboard that includes thos

and I find it hard to implement (esp. for 0.10)
rox271

Post by rox271 »

I registered the forum just to thank you for this version that is far superior to the previous one that I just couldn't use because of so many issues.
I'm so pleased to have all my old gamez on my Pocket :D
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Cheers :-)
Glad you're enjoying it :-)
Artur Meinild

Size of exe?

Post by Artur Meinild »

Hi. Any reason why the exe of this build is 3 times the size of the last build? I think over 7 mb is a bit excessive... Also reported a number of bugs - music volume can't be set in Indy 3 and speech volume can't be set in Indy 4 with the SVN builds.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Re: Size of exe?

Post by knakos »

Artur Meinild wrote:I think over 7 mb is a bit excessive...
You can search the subforum for my answers for the size increase. Things that you have to take into account are new engines, some glibc baggage and optimizing for speed. I do not think it's that bad, although I will be moving toward a plugin system to lower the *runtime* memory footprint. Other than that I do not see any problems with the increased file size.

PS. Oh, and you can try compressing with upx for better startup times, though be warned there are incompatibilities with some devices.