Maniac Mansion Amiga - Bug?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gzsfrk

Maniac Mansion Amiga - Bug?

Post by gzsfrk »

I played through the Amiga version of MM the other day, and I noticed a problem when I got thrown into the dungeon; I push the Loose Brick to open the door, but the door closes very shortly thereafter, even though I don't move the kid that pushed the brick. I -did- manage once to finally push the brick and then immediately run out the door before it shut, but I only managed it once. I thought that the door is supposed to stay open as long as the kid stands there pushing the brick. Is this not the case?

I don't know if this behavior happens in other versions of MM or not.

Cheers,

m@
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

as far as i know the door will only stay open for a short time when u press the loose brick. Generally you can only escape the dungeon when u have 2 or more kids in it(or once you have the rusty key). Congradulations in succeeding to escape the dungeon against all odds. :D (ive never been able too)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Maniac Mansion Amiga - Bug?

Post by Raziel »

gzsfrk wrote:I played through the Amiga version of MM the other day, and I noticed a problem when I got thrown into the dungeon; I push the Loose Brick to open the door, but the door closes very shortly thereafter, even though I don't move the kid that pushed the brick. I -did- manage once to finally push the brick and then immediately run out the door before it shut, but I only managed it once. I thought that the door is supposed to stay open as long as the kid stands there pushing the brick. Is this not the case?

I don't know if this behavior happens in other versions of MM or not.

Cheers,

m@
Normally the way is, as @glokidd described, to have at least TWO kids down there.

One that pushes the brick, change to the other, get out, turn around, open the door
again from the OTHER side and get the second out!

It's not a bug, i think, it's a "riddle"! :-)