AGI: German Fan Translations?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KevinW

AGI: German Fan Translations?

Post by KevinW »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows about any German Fan-Translations of Sierra's AGI games? I couldn't find anything on the forum.

-Kevin
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

so, your looking for unofficial sierra AGI games? isn't that in direct breach of copyright laws, and therefore against forum rule 0
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:so, your looking for unofficial sierra AGI games? isn't that in direct breach of copyright laws, and therefore against forum rule 0
depends, he could refer to fanmade games for "sierra AGI", or to fanmade patches for the official games?

but since these forums here have mostly to do with ScummVM, maybe it's a question on how to run those fan translations with ScummVM (no idea how the game detector works nowadays)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

so much ambiguity. :P
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Well, there is nothing wrong with fanmade translations of Sierra games if they're distributed as proper patches. For LucasArts games there is a whole "industry" which produces such patches for different languages and ScummVM runs them.

Eugene
KevinW

Post by KevinW »

It's a bit strange that people assume copyright issues in every case. Or maybe I just didn't make it clear enough.

Of course, I'm talking about patches and not complete game downloads. I'm a proud owner of almost every old Sierra Collection released (except for the Police Quest Collection).
And since there are German Fantranslations of Scumm Games, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any for Sierra's AGI Games, since none of them had a German translation.

-Kevin
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

KevinW wrote:It's a bit strange that people assume copyright issues in every case. Or maybe I just didn't make it clear enough.

Of course, I'm talking about patches and not complete game downloads. I'm a proud owner of almost every old Sierra Collection released (except for the Police Quest Collection).
And since there are German Fantranslations of Scumm Games, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any for Sierra's AGI Games, since none of them had a German translation.

-Kevin
sorry mate, i don't *normally* assume the worse in people. the fact that you didn't include the word "patch" or "patches" in your original post didn't help though
KevinW

Post by KevinW »

No worries there. I know there's more than just one Post here asking for Warez, so you could easily assume that.
clem

Post by clem »

reminds me of the saying "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you" :)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

clem wrote:reminds me of the saying "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you" :)
rofl, awesome quote:D